Blacktail Deer Plateau See myself out of this
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh was a late-bloomer. While her brother Constantine had received the gift of sight three days ago, Eilidh wallowed around in her world of darkness. It wasn't a bad world, it was a world filled with the comfort and joy of her mother. Eyesight just wasn't a part of it until now.

Eilidh had wondered away from her mother's side. Even with her nearby, Eilidh couldn't find her. The feeling of being away from Blue Willow, the one who kept her alive, wasn't a good feeling. Her face scrunched together as she let out an ear-splitting wail for someone to rescue her. When it ended, her face relaxed and her eyes fluttered open. Her eyesight was still blurry, and the rest of her family was dark, so her world had only gone from black to brown, except for when she turned her head towards the entrance of the den. There, the sunlight brightened the inside of the den. Forgetting her struggles, Eilidh cooed as she squirmed towards it.
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
leave that old record spinning
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
— likewise, casmir had not been granted vision; he continued to flounder through reliance on his sense of smell, and of touch. today brought the faintest glow to his eye, however, and he flailed idly toward eilidh. pressing against her, the boy gave a holler of recognition, lifting his tiny paws from the ground, one by one.

casmir coughed. —
please send all PMs regarding garait & casmir to relmyna
[Image: casfoot.jpg]
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I can delete this if you don't want da mommy in it :D

Blue Willow had watched with concern and a little bit of worry as Constantine had got his sight before the other two. However, today they were both seeing, Eilidh a little more than Casmir. She sniffed at Casmir as he coughed, but she didn't interfere. She simply watched from the corner of the den, watching as they explored each other.

She smiled softly at them both. Pleased as punch with her current life. The children her and Lasher had made were beautiful. She loved her family, all of them. The children though Casmir was small, were all growing. She would get them some regurgitated meat here soon.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Of course I want the mommy in it! :D

For once, Eilidh was docile. When Casmir pressed himself up against her, she accepted it. She stopped her squirming and turned her head to see his blurry shape. It was dark, like the rest of the den. Yet, she still knew he was there by her sense of touch. Silently, she nosed at his face. It would be a bit of time before she could tell her family apart from the den with just eyesight, but the senses of touch and smell aided her just as well.
Trades
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
me too!

— at the touch of his sister's muzzle upon his face, casmir calmed himself, parting his jaws to gum at her cheek and root for a nipple. his small body pressed against her, though he sensed another presence, the milk-giver. casmir squealed a bit, shuffling away from eilidh in search of his mother. —
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue watched quietly as Eilidh herself explored her brother, and for once she did not move about so busily. No this time she laid there quiet and demure as he explored her and she him. It was a strange change, but one that Blue enjoyed. It was nice to see them getting along.

Blue chuckled softly at his movement and leaned forward to place her own muzzle near his face. He could see as well. She wagged her tail happily as they both moved about, and Casmir pushed his way towards her.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Her brother gumming her was an odd feeling, but it was one that Eilidh was used to by now. As puppies, both of them were almost always gumming something or another in search of a teat. It wasn't uncommon to get searched for one by a sibling.

What really upset her though, was when Casmir moved away. Squealing once, Eilidh pursued him. Just because he was done with her didn't mean she was done with him!
Trades
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
— Eilidh's breath upon his heels sparked a brief annoyance in Casmir; he turned to paw more viciously at her, though he could not convey the roughness he intended, and tripped summarily into Constantine's sleeping body. Squalling, Casmir flopped onto his back and bellowed for Blue Willow's immediate assistance from the monster that was his sister. —
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled at her children, but she leaned forward to live the child up. Grasping him gently she lifted him and settled him gently between her forepaws, licking his forehead gently. Oh hush little one. She also grasped Eilidh and brought her closer, but kept them separate. She alternated between the two giving them licks and nuzzles and playing with them.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh found herself being separated from Casmir against her will. To make matters worse, the perpetrator of the crime was her mom! While any other time she would have enjoyed her mother's attention, this time it irritated. Eilidh didn't want her attention at the moment; she got plenty of attention from her mother, no matter how much she whined for more. Casmir didn't give her his attention nearly as much, and it was time to change that.

Eilidh made a sound that was supposed to sound like a miniature growl. Determined to get to Casmir, she attempted to climb over Blue's leg. She would not give up without a fight.
Trades
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
— Rescued, Casmir yipped from his mother's embrace, a tiny sound of triumph. Yet it was short lived; his bobbing muzzle sensed Elilidh's nearness, and he squalled again, burrowing into the velveteen fur of his mother's chest. He would escape his pale bully of a sister once and for all! —
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled as Eilidh fought to jump over her leg. She nudged her gently in the head. She giggled ever louder as Casmir shoved his own little face into her chest. Tickling her with his tiny breath and paws. Do you think you can hide there well little one? She asked him gently knowing that he couldn't completely understand her. But not caring anyway.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
The leg in her way would only become one of many obstacles in her life. Like those many obstacles in the future, Eilidh was determined to overcome it. First, she managed to get her tiny paws on top of her mother's leg. With a bunch of squirming and pushing, she eventually managed to balance on top of it. With an ecstatic squeal, she tumbled head-over-heals onto the ground on the other side.

While Casmir thought he could hide and escape her, Eilidh had other plans. She squirmed towards him and easily reached him. Once besides him, she gave his side a lick.
Trades
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
— the vibrations of his mother's voice soothed him sufficiently, to the point that when eilidh approached with her kiss, casmir was well-posed to receive it, and even turned about-face to sneeze and plant his equivalent on her pale and downy cheek. —
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue watched with amusement as Eilidh sidled across her leg, and down the other side. She fell a few times, but she made it. Blue could not argue, that her children did not have determination. They were great at getting what they wanted, out of sheer will. Even small Casmir had determination in spades.

She sighed softly at the display of puppy love between her babies. Though it was a bit gross that her daughter was no covered in snot. The cuteness factor was still there.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Wrap up?

Even if she was covered in a little snot, it was worth it. Eilidh had managed to succeed, and Casmir was no longer fleeing from her. It was a win-win situation, which meant celebratory practices were in order. With a happy mewling sound, she buried her gold fur in his dark fur. Who didn't like victory naps?
Trades
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<3 last post for me!

he curled against eilidh, suddenly happy for her presence there, and tucked a tiny paw into her ruff. a small yawn squeaked forth from him and then he was still, body regulating his breath as he fell into a sound sleep.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled at her two youngest children. Licking their heads gently, she curled her paws around them. And she nestled her head around her side. So she was touching all three, for Constantine was not in the puppy pile at her feet.