Great Bear Wilderness i've stoked the fire [wwg discovery]
Mara has some light scars on her flank from a recent battle as well as a light limp on her right forepaw.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Mara had only seen an otter once and as soon as Runt said that she was sure that's exactly what it was. She had seen one by the lake in the spine once before and she remembered someone telling her what they were. Now it came back to her, the thin tail, big paws and dark fur.

"I think your right, they're otters. Do you think we can eat them?" she asked, voicing Runt's exact question, her eyes still fixed on the acrobatic animals.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl

Runt grinned at her knowledge of species, which widened at Mara's question.
"I dunno. There's only one way ta find out, huh?" She chuckled, glancing at Mara before her sharp green eyes turned back towards the river and it's creatures. She wondered what other beauties lied in the heart of their hidden paradise, what other little secrets.
Mara has some light scars on her flank from a recent battle as well as a light limp on her right forepaw.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
I think this is going to be the last post for me so we can send it in :D

She nodded in agreement, her eyes fixed in wonder at the swirling creatures. It did sound like a good idea to use the otters as a prey source, but at the time with the river still lined in ice, it didn't sound too appealing to jump in and try to catch one. Maybe when it was warmer out.

"Yeah, it would be really good to have another prey source." she murmured, pulling back from the river and stepping further back on the rocky shore. "But I don't really like the idea of going swimming right now." she said smiling, turning to walk further inland. It was starting to get dark and she figured that it would be good to get back and get some rest before what would probably turn out to be another long day.

"I think I'm gonna go pass out." she told Runt, giving her a friendly smile before waving with her tail and going back to her temporary den in the gorge wall. Soon they would all move to the caves.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl

Runt nodded.
"Yup, that's some chilly water right there. But more prey will be good fo us." She said. She glanced up as the sun got lower. She realized that the gorge walls made it so that you couldn't see the sun set completely, just on the gorge. When Mara said she was gonna go pass out, Runt grinned. "I'll take care of things while your gone, Miss Pretty Pretty Princess Alpha Lady, your Highness." She said, her green eyes lit with laughter. She began in the other direction, looking for a temporary den for the night.