Blacktail Deer Plateau On the borderline
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Blue willow perhaps? :P
Of course if you take offense with Dante noting Osprey's condition, Me, I can edit that <3

Dante might not be the best at keeping in touch with packmates, but he wasn't completely unaware either.  He'd noticed Osprey's spiral somewhat, as much as could be gathered from chance glimpses, but coldly, he kept his distance, avoiding her perhaps even more actively than when she'd had her time.  If she'd sought him out, then he would have amswered, but if she was so dead set on the fact that she'd have to shoulder this burden alone, then he sure as hell wasn't going to push his way in where he wasn't wanted.

He'd spoken with Lasher, and now he felt the need to touch base with Blue Willow.  He didn't intend to ask about the Beta male, knowing he didn't exactly deserve to know how he was handling the words he'd given in response, but he did want to know how she was doing in all this.  It had been a long while since they'd caught up.

When he neared the densite, he did a quick check to ensure that Lasher would not be there, then gave a soft bark to announce that he was there.  If she invited him in, he'd come to speak, but if not he would return another time.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow heard the small chuff, and poked her head up and out of some bracken. Little ones were napping, and she could use some adult conversation. She stood and shook the branches and twigs, and strode towards him. A small smile on her face. Hello Dante. was her warm greeting. 

She wagged her tail, brushing up the dust on the ground, to stir behind her. She thought of Osprey, but she had yet to see her friend, since she spoke to her. She wasn't sure, but it felt as if she was being ignored and avoided. She would actively search for her when she could, but frankly Blue was a busy woman. Gathering herbs as they grew, and taking care of babes. It did not leave much time for socialization.

She tilted her head, black ears thrust forward. How are you doing?
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She greeted him warmly, and he felt a small amount of relief.  While he hadn't expected animosity from her, he had wondered if Lasher would speak with her and she would be offended with him for her lover's sake.  Of course that was not the case, yet sometimes it was hard to remember there were such good creatures as Blue Willow in the world.

She asked after him (of course) and he smiled.  "I'm aright.  It had been a while, so I wanted to check in.  How are you holding up?"  She didn't look overly stressed, but he was sure she was adept at hiding such things for the sake of the comfort of others.  "A lot has happened."  He had another reason for coming, another point of discussion, but first he wanted to hear how she was doing.  That topic was less pleasant, and he would not bring it up if she was not in the right mind to hear it.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow, it was a strange place she was in. She had never thought, she would have a lover, but not a mate. She was also finding, she really didn't know what was proper for her to think about his liasons. It didn't bother her, but would other people find fault with her, because it didn't. She wasn't sure, and truth be told she didn't think about it much. She was happy and content and that was all that mattered.

Blue chuckled, I am doing well actually Dante. She frowned at his next words, what was there more. She knew about Osprey of course, was something else amiss. Yes much has. Would you like to talk about it? I have some time, I can chat with you. She wagged her tail, and sat down curling it about her paws. Then she waited patiently.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He was glad to hear that she was not letting the situation get to her, for having more stress on top of being a relatively new mother with young to care for could not have been a good thing.  He felt she was being truthful in this, so wouldn't press.

He'd meant to bring up Osprey.  He really had.  He had gotten Lasher's thoughts on the issue and wanted her own as well.  But when he opened his mouth to speak on it, the words he intended were not the ones that came out.  "Lasher spoke with me of his feelings for me."  He did not look at her, and his tone quieted.  "I told him that they weren't returned, at least not now."  The guilt was prevalent, for he knew he had hurt the other with the revelation, but he could see no other course he could have taken. 
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
The situation bothered Blue, but what could she do about it. It was done and over with, and all the leaders needed to speak about it. They just hadn't yet. She tilted her head and waited for him to answer her.

i'm going to assume, she knew of Lasher's feelings slightly

Blue smiled at him, and ghosted forward. Gave him a gentle touch to his brow. Dante, you have no need to be sad about it. Lasher would not want you to force feelings for him, and he is a forgiving wolf. And if in time, you want to pursue a relationship with him. He will be there to take part, believe me. He is a good man. Why are you upset that you do not return the same affection?
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
How could he put into words what he was feeling?  It seemed impossible.  His fears were trivial, and unfounded he knew, but still he could not shake them.  Lasher was a good man, he knew this, and that was precisely the problem.  Why was it he so wished he could return them, yet his heart refused?  Just as with Osprey, it was only after hope had been crushed that he had come to the realization of his feelings.  It was as though a part of him wished to bring heartache.

He wasn't comfortable speaking of such things, though, even to Blue.  It came too close to things he wished to forget, a life he had vowed never to speak of again.  He doubted even those closest to him would understand, and he didn't wish to lower their estimation of the man he was now by disclosing the young man he had been.

"I just hope he is able to forgive me for it," he said, and it was true this was part of the worry.  Yet he already knew the answer... of course Lasher would.  He was a far better man than Dante could hope to be.  "We spoke of Osprey as well," he continued, shifting the subject slightly.  "And we agreed that punishing her for her actions would be overkill.  Do you agree?"  He guessed she would, but did not want to put the words in her mouth for her.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue knew Dante to be a somber wolf, often holding his own counsel. Before he held anyone elses, this was both a blessing and a curse. In some respects, he was able to hold his own mind, and he was strong. However, in others it was hard to trust, and sometimes you were the one hurt. She however, would not change him. This was how their Dante was.

Blue was not a judgemental wolf, had he told her of his pass convictions, or thoughts. She would not have said a word, just held him in higher esteem. Because it only proved that he had grown. He was a good wolf, a good man, regardless of how he felt, not that she was privy to such details.

Blue chuckled at him and said quietly, I imagine Dante, you are already forgiven. She shook he head gently mirth, and kindness on her face. Lasher was not one to usually hold grudges, he could of course and he did. But mostly he moved on from it, or he grieved quietly. 

Blue sighed, This is a fine mess Osprey has gotten herself into. I wish I could fix it for her. I do not know, Dante. We will get much flack back for this, and we may lose some members. I think you are right yes, but for every action there is a consequence, and unfortunately in this case. By not punishing her, we are condoning her actions, which is going to make a lot of others unhappy. Perhaps especially Koda and Kesuk, who are mated and perhaps would have liked their own litter. But her torture of herself, is apparent and I think she has punished herself and those babes enough for all of us. Bless her, I wish she would let me help her.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He tipped his head in gratitude at her assurance, his worries not eased but grateful for the words all the same.  He was sure if he spoke with her truly, she would do much to help, but still he could not bring himself to do so and likely never would.  It was too much a habit, hoarding his troubles for himself and sharing with no one.  And it was one that he did not regret he had, unhealthy as it may be.

He agreed, it was likely that some may leave.  "You are right, some may not be happy.  Though by rights, if she had a mate, it would be her right more than theirs to have children.  It doesn't make it right, but it does help in that case."  Even without a mate, he would not say that she wronged Koda and Kesuk in getting pregnant.  He would have preferred no one breed while Blue's own litter grew, so Osprey's surprise pregnancy hadn't really put them out any.  And if Kesuk had accidentally gotten pregnant, likely it would have been handled the same way.  So long as they had the resources, they would not be cast out.

"Perhaps she just needs a push.  Not a large one.  But maybe there are herbs that could ease some of her burden?"  He wasn't speaking of anything that would harm the pups, but medicines that would make the pregnancy easier and more bearable.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue studied him with hard gaze, trying to determine a bit about him. She knew he would never tell his secrets. She respected that, but she wished he wouldn't suffer so. It was a suffering of his own doing, and she felt terrible for it. 

Blue frowned and looked down, there was a part of her, a very deep part. That felt Osprey had been very wrong in this case. Saena and others were right, this was a big law she had broken. Blue wasn't sure how to handle it exactly, and her perceptions were extremely colored in this aspect. She was her friend, her very dear friend, and perhaps it was a bad choice on all of their parts, but it was one they agreed on. She would not change her mind, but she could doubt it. Couldn't they all?

Blue frowned, I already offered, she refused them. And she has not been to see me since. I assume she is avoiding me. I have chosen, against my better judgement to give her space.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I dunno why I even bothered going on absence omg, I can't not post... at least with Dante

Dante nodded.  It didn't surprise him that Blue Willow had already offered, but it did trouble him that she had been shot down and avoided.  "If you think that is best," he said, though he wondered.  Pushing might drive her away, yes, but if things got dangerously far then a little forwardness might not be the worst thing.  It was a bit of a hypocritical thought on his part... he was taking the exact same stance, after all.  Giving her space and time to reach out first.

"Thanks, Blue.  For listening. And for everything you do."  True he hadn't shared much, but he appreciated that she would be willing to bear it should he wish to in the future.  Sometimes it wasn't the act, but the knowledge that the support was there that was enough.  
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Haha I know that feeling lol.

Blue looked at him and spoke softly, I do not think it is best at all, but frankly I can't find her. I try to and it's as if she was there just seconds before, and then she is gone. So, there's not point to trying to find her, if she is not going to stay put when she knows I'm coming. She sighed, she hated that Osprey was ignoring her. Hated it, so very much. It hurt and it made her sad, and she hoped that it would not have serious repercussions.

Blue chuckled and looked at him sagely. I don't do all that much Dante, just what I love. So thank you, and you are welcome of course. Blue smiled softly, happy to talk with him today.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
i am gonna go ahead and wrap this up, trying to get some tied so I can start new :) perhaps they can have ankther soon!

It might not seem a lot to her, but he found her unbiased ear irreplaceable.  Many of their packmates were good listeners, yes, but in that moment it was she he had sought out because she was mired in none of the issues that plagued him. This made her ideal, and he felt lighter to know he wasn't alone in his worry.

With the heavy subjects breached, he turned talk to lighter things, daily activities and stories of the adventures her children might have had. He enjoyed talk of such happy things, and pups were wonderful for bringing positivity wherever they rambled.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue fought to keep herself neutral, despite how she may feel. It was something she wholly believed in doing. She had done it for Peregrine, and even Hawkeye, she would do it for Dante too. Blue worried about the same things that the others did, she just worried quietly, and when she could not come to a result. Despite how hard it maybe she either quit worrying or she searched out someone to talk to about it. It was what made her different, she asked for help if she and when she needed it, most of the time. There were times though, and when she couldn't help others, she was very harsh with herself.

Blue spoke of the children, and their adventures. Of their own personalities that slowly began to show outward to those around them. She passed the time with pleasant conversation and it made her day even better than it had been.