Greatwater Lake Two different worlds.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke can't travel too far yet @Muirgen

Burke knew that he couldn't wander far out of Black Feather because of many reasons, one that Meldresi was staying with Potema and he needed to be in charge of Black Feather now, and second since he was still recovering himself. But once he saw Meldresi and Potema together he couldn't really stay and intrude. He had to take a walk. Before the male realized it, with his mind pondering on who could have done this to Potema, he was at the border. He could see a hint of the big lake from here and then decided that he really needed a bath. After staying in the infirmary for so long it was a miracle Meldresi was still willing to lay next to him at night.

Burke stepped into the water until he could feel the water soak the fur on his back. He even dipped his head down briefly, which resulted him into shaking his head more than once because he got water in his ear. The water was refreshing so the male decided to stay into the water a big longer. Once he deemed himself clean he stepped out, shaking out his large body. The ground was covers with the water that was in his fur before he shook himself out. All scents washed away, except that from Black Feather since he had been there so long he always scented of that piece of lands.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
44 Posts
Ooc —
This is going to be interesting~

It was a wonder she'd been able to leave the sea again after finding it, but the young girl had a small quest in mind. She wished to find the kind, blue-eyed male she'd met, as she had secretly deemed him an honorary friend of the selkies. The girl had said her 'goodbyes' to the sea lions she'd been living amongst, explaining that her trip might be a bit longer than the one's prior, but that she would definitely return. There was no way she couldn't, after all, aside from if the obvious happened. The girl had been careful so far, though, and wasn't about to slip up now. Her legs carried her across the path she'd taken to reach the ocean, but instead of turning down to head to the one lake, she'd ended up going straight and heading for another. Muirgen wasn't sure where to find her friend, but didn't think he would be hanging around the same place she'd met him at. He had held a quest of his own, and someone looking for something didn't often stay in one spot and spin in circles. It was a long shot that she would find him again, but she told herself she had to at least try.

The young seal had made it fairly far, too. She'd had to stop a few times along the way to rest, but as the sight of a lake came into view, she believed it to have been worth it. It was not the lake that made her believe this, though, but the form she saw close to it. Her legs carried her quicker towards him, a wide smile on her face—which, of course, looked goofy with the seal skin hanging out of her mouth. “Sebastian!” she called out once close enough, though her voice was muffled quite a bit by the skin. Her tail was wagging quicker than ever, but her happy posture was quick to vanish completely as she spotted something that was wrong. A few things, actually. Muirgen skidded to a stop and pulled her ears back, then backed up a few paces as she'd grown too close to the stranger. He looked like her friend, almost identical, actually, but there were some differences that couldn't be ignore. The man's tail, for one, or rather his lack of, as well as the fact that his face showed he was older than the wolf she'd met not too long ago. “You are not Sebastian...” she murmured, more so to herself since the skin, once again, made her words difficult to hear.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked up when he saw something white dash at him from the corner of his eyes. He turned towards the movement and realized it was a female wolf charging at him with... ... A seal skin in her mouth? Burke frown turned more into confusion when the female seemed to be glad to see him? He didn't know this female and he certainly wouldn't be friends with someone like her. His pale blue eyes coldly glanced over her until they fell right into her eyes. His tail or what was left of it, raised dominantly. Burke disliked that he was interrupted. The fact that she even mentioned this damn Sebastian was even worse. A low growl came from his throat. "I am not, no," he spoke as he bared his teeth. 

That his so called 'son' was hanging out with these types of weirdos was a shame. Burke looked at the young girl, which would make an easy snack. He stepped forward with his huge tank like body. The male wished he could jump forward and snatch the weird seal skin away from the girl, just to see how she reacted. But he wouldn't have the energy to do it. "Why don't you run off very quickly and I forget that you even interrupted me," he snarled, not giving her the satisfaction that he was related any how to this Sebastian. If Burke would see him then this kid needed to be ready for a lot of rage. 
44 Posts
Ooc —
Well, I feel bad for Mui now. :o

The older wolf was clearly upset with her actions, or maybe it was her assumption. Either way, the growl that came from his throat caused her to flatten her ears and lower herself in fear, but her eyes never left the man's face. She was far from being a dominate creature, but just couldn't pull her gaze from his cold eyes. They were the same eyes she'd seen on Sebastian, but these ones held something different within their depths, something she didn't like. It was a simple misunderstanding on her part, she knew that, but he seemed to be taking things too far. It frightened the seal greatly, not knowing what could happen or even if she could escape. The water close by gave her a better chance at survival if he tried to attack her, but she didn't know if she would even be able to get by him. All in all, Muirgen was scared out of her wits, and unable to figure out a good exit strategy to save herself. Running away was an option, of course, but her mind told her not to turn her back on the giant lupine.

“I-I apologize for in-interrupting you,” she started, wincing inwardly at the sound of her own voice. She'd been so confident when she'd informed her parents and family that she would be leaving to explore, to try and find a new place to live. Now, though, there wasn't a single ounce of confidence to be seen. She was just a scared little girl, as she should be. “I believed you t-to be someone else...” Little did she know that saying that might just make the man even angrier. When he told her to just run off, she wanted to. She wanted to take the opportunity that had been given to her and flee, just keep running until she reached the sea, but she couldn't. Her legs would not start moving, they would not obey the commands she was practically screaming at them. Muirgen didn't know what to do, or how she could help herself. In that moment, she wished she was home, with her parents and siblings, or at least that one of her older brothers had joined her in her travels. They would have protected her, they could have scared the big, bad wolf away. They wouldn't have coward in his presence, like she was currently doing.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Yes Poor Muirg! :O Burke is so mean xD

Burke stepped closer to the young female, who looked puppetry scared. What a great feeling that gave him. Even while he was unwell he was still able to intimidate other wolves. The large male could only smell the salt of the sea in her fur. No pack or anything. Figures since no one would want the girl probably. How mean he could be sometimes. "I understand that, and the wolf you are mistaken for is not appreciated. I told you to go and you are still here quivering in fear. Well that must meant you want to have my teeth take a bit out of your flesh," he growled. 

Burke lifted his head and made himself bigger by pulling up his shoulders. His hackles raised too, as he genuinely liked being the bad guy. He had been a counselor and caretaker in his pack but she was not in his pack. She didn't get to see the soft side of Burke. The male snapped his jaws at her, snapping them shut right in front of her face, to just make her more scared. What was this girl thinking?! He was better than the one she was looking for. He took the opportunity to take the seal skin from her and smirk devilishly at her. "Are you attached to this, silly girl?," he asked, half mumbled. He bit down harder in it and ground his teeth. 
44 Posts
Ooc —
As the man continued to speak, the girl tried to make herself seem as small as she could. Maybe he would leave her alone, even though it had been she who went to him. It was a mistake, though, and she just wanted him gone. Her head shook vigorously when he mentioned taking a bite out of her. That was the last thing she wanted. “N-o!” she quickly said, trying her best to wiggle backwards. It wasn't working as planned, though. Go figure. “I am u-unable to move...” Her voice became a whisper as she said that. Embarrassment and fear were a terrible combination, especially for the little seal. She wanted so badly to run away, but her fear kept her legs from moving as instructed. She didn't like it, not one bit. She considered lying to the man, to try and get him to go away by threatening him with her 'pack', but she did not have a pack, and was sure her voice wold give way to any lies.

Then, the man did the unthinkable. He snatched away her skin, and to make matters worse, he even ground his teeth as if trying to ruin it. “Do not d-do that!” she said, voice much louder than before. What would this mean for her? Surely, she wouldn't actually have to go with the man, would she? He was so cruel and unkind, she would never survive living around him. “Give it back!” Muirgen would not leave without her skin, and she didn't want to go with the grey man either. If she told him what it meant to steal a selkies skin, maybe he would be appalled by the idea and give it back, but that was only one possibility. The other would be that he kept it, all for the purpose of being cruel. She had promised her cousins of the sea that she would be back, and wished that Lir would assist her in making sure that happened. “I-I will go, I will l-leave you, just give m-me back my skin...” Her voice slowly started to become a whisper as she pleaded with him, tears already stinging her eyes and threatening to spill out. In truth, she would do anything, as long as it meant getting her skin back. Without their skin, a selkie was nothing. They could not return to the sea, they did not hold a physical connection to Lir. They were just alone and miserable until able to return to the sea once again.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was surprised how quick he got this young child in tears. Maybe it was rather mean of him but that made it twice the fun. The large male just stood there with the skin in his iron grip. He then spit it out since it smelled weird and stepped on it with is two front paws. The Beta dominantly claimed it with a smirk on his muzzle. "You can't move? Why is that? Did I frighten you that bad?,' the older male returned mockingly. Burke then felt how tired he was and sat down on it. A proud smirk tugging on his lips and tipping his head a bit. "You are friends with the wrong wolf, girl," he then spoke. "Maybe I will keep this seal skin until this apparent son of mine will show his face. He is a coward for still not showing up and being a shadow that lurks on me." What would the male be waiting on? For him to be weak?

This was an excellent idea. He would just keep the seal skin and let the girl fetch this 'Sebastian' that wanted to meet him so bad. That way he wouldn't have do stick out a paw. "Tell you what. I am going to hang on to this precious stinky seal skin of yours while you go find this... Sebastian fella. I waited long enough for the coward and he should face me if you ever want your seal back. You can howl for me at the edge of Black Feather Woods. If you haven't found him within a week then I give the seal skin to rip apart by our young spiderlings," he returned. Now it almost sounded like he was the father of Meldresi's babies. But let her think that, he was basically a father to them anyways.
44 Posts
Ooc —
The girl did not answer him. She couldn't answer him. It was obvious she was frightened, as even she could sense the waves of fear rolling off of her small form. Muirgen had hoped the man would leave her be, maybe get tired of her and let her go after seeing how scared she was, but that was not the case. It had to be a day completely void of luck for her, as she realized she'd crossed paths with a truly sadistic man. Silently, she went wishes out to Lir, begging him to give her enough strength to retrieve her skin, as well as make a run for it, but so far her pleas had yet to be answered. Not being one to speak, or even think, ill of the mighty Sea God, she assumed he believed her to already possess the strength to do just that, and that all she needed to do was awaken it. She tried to swallow down her fear, but it continued to remain, not wishing to leave her so soon. When he mentioned keeping the skin, her eyes grew wide and she, momentarily, forgot her current position in the situation. “You will do no such thing!” she stated, able to relieve herself of the stammer, if only for a second. “Sebastian is no coward, he is kind. You are the coward, taking advantage of one smaller than yourself so you can steal from them!” Her naïve nature kicked in, then, or perhaps it was a burst of bravery—something that did not occur often for the young selkie.

Muirgen's was quick to vanish, however. Instead, she was left wearing an expression that closely resembled that of a child's, right after they'd been informed they could not have anymore sweets. The idea was horrifying, and the insult he'd added in about her skin only made matters worse. The large man might look like the one she deemed a friend, but he was nothing more than some lowly monster in her mind, incapable of any forms of compassion or kindness. “No,” she stated after a bit of silence, having needed to take the time to find her voice. “I would rather be stuck being wed to the likes of you, than lure my friend towards such a monster...” The idea was appalling to her, being wed to a man like Burke, but she couldn't throw Sebastian under the bus just to save herself... could she? It would be a way to survive, yes, but at what cost? She felt there was a chance she could lose him to the cold clutches of Death, and if she didn't, she was certain he would never forgiver her. After all, to her there seemed like there was no way he ever could. It would be foolish to forgive someone who traded away your life just to save their own, and she was positive the male was no fool. “You can not give it to any... spider-lings...?” Muirgen stated, voice quiet and holding a hint of a question as she spoke of 'spiderlings'. The selkie had no idea what those were, but knew they could be nothing good if the man spoke of them.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Tell me if you think it is too much xD

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Mature Language, mentions of sex.

Burke smirked when the girl seemed so scared she was afraid to answer. His front paws were still on the seal skin. Burke was quite mean to have the girl be in such distress about it. Finally the girl started speaking and comparing him to his 'nice' son. Well, that was something he disliked to hear. No son of his was a weakling by being so nice. "Call me a coward all you want. Now I am even less inclined to give this back to you." Burke returned with ease. He was not really offended by words. They rolled of his thick skin. 

He was a bit surprised when she talked about being wed. Burke already had his own lady, at least, he found that Meldresi was his. He was planning on asking her to be his mate. They seemed like a rather perfect fit. "Well then you are in for quite some monsterly acts, Spotty," he returned. "I mean if you are wedded to me then we will need to strengthen your muscles because if I would breed you now I think you might collapse with the weight you need to hold up. Maybe I don't even fit in your tiny body. Would you really want to be round with my young? You will be carrying Sebastian's half-siblings," he grinned devilishly.

He looked over her, stepping forward. His back paws on the seal skin. "Maybe I will try you out first to see if you are any fun. I mean I want to know what I get before I wed you. And then I make sure you will have babies every year so there will be lots of mini-me's and I will teach them what a wench their mother is," Burke smirked. Burke wasn't intending to wed her but maybe a sex-slave would be nice to have, if only to lure this coward that called himself his son would show up.