Larksong Grotto Now we got problems
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
And more proof to confirm the fact that the wolves in these lands were idiots. When the howl rang up, the first thing Citali said was, "No." It'd been a very, very firm no, but Nochtli wasn't having it. Something about saving her boyfriend, which was cute and all until she remembered the whole survival of the fittest thing and if the boy wasn't smart enough to run, he could die a fool. Alas, Nochtli wasn't having any of it so down they ran to save his sorry hide.

Nochtli slipped through the crowd and begged for his life. It was very Pocahontas of her, very theatrical and very heart wrenching (if Citali even had one). Nevertheless, she was somewhat protective of her amazon sister and Citali hefted her way through the crowd of bodies to guard the boy's ass. Words were exchanged and she stayed quiet. She was really only extra muscle anyway.

Then again, this conversation was spinning in ridiculous circles and she couldn't quite stay quiet. "Sounds more like a family problem than a pack problem," she blurted out, letting her voice drone over the silent snarls of this place. "'cept now you guys are making it a pack problem." Which.. she hoped they realized the second their alpha let out a howl and called her entire hoard. Funny that. The Rise was unprotected. What'd they have back there? Pregnant women and children? Looked like the muscle was all here. So much for good strategy.

Like the dumb healer who sucked at herbs... darting inwards. Citali rushed to intercept him (Reek) with a snarl, snapping before she spoke.

"How 'bout, we do you one better?" She was going rogue here. "You let us kidnap him. We'll take him back home and beat the Cauldron out of him. Make a true northerner of him." Or a dead northerner... This was why men needed to be beaten into submission. They thought stupid things and did stupider things. That was the Amazon way. "I got a few northern herbs that require a test subject. Maybe one of them will kill him." It was always a possibility. "We get the wolf. The Redduck Umbra loses one. They come looking, their attention goes to us, and not you. Win win."
209 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Another wolf she knew (however vaguely), Reek came forward and told her to stay out of it. One more look to Saena and the dark Amazonian did just that, backing down to be equal with Citali who had entered the not-yet-fray. Her ear twisted to listen to her companion's words. That... was also an option, though much less peaceful. It would make enemies of the Camaro, for sure, but now, she wasn't so sure that they didn't deserve it with what she'd heard. Had Sebastian been a part of it? The skeptic in her mind swayed her that way and she found herself unwilling to protect him any more than she had tried, however shitty of a case she'd made for him. 

Either way, she took another few steps back, gaze moving to Saena again as Citali stood between Reek and Sebastian. "It's that or we leave and you tear him apart and they come for you and yours. Either way, it seems this will end in blood." Her voice was cold, stern. Sebastian had lost his standing. It seemed that every male she knew had done the same thing. Maybe her sisters were right in their beliefs. But for the moment, in this moment, while she didn't know the Rise's numbers or their skills, she knew that Xiuhcoatl was back at the Ridge and even if she would not protect Tezcacoatl, they would at least stand a good chance against the Cauldron since they were all warriors.
49 Posts
Ooc —
Oliver had a bad habit of always showing up late to the party, so the fact that he was first on the scene was just as much a surprise to him as it was to Saena. The newb Redtail marched up to his Alpha's side and attempted his best impression of an intimidating body guard, bristling his scruffy hackles and pulling his lips back to reveal his fangs to the big gray wolf. The expression felt very unnatural, he'd never before bared his teeth at another wolf in aggression. 'Do I look like a bad ass?' He scanned Saena in his periphery, hoping she'd look impressed. 'I hope I look like a bad ass.'

One by one the rest of the Redtail roster assembled beside the Alpha. Reek, Arion, and a female he had yet to become acquainted with. The enemy was vastly outnumbered, surely he realized he could not win this. Oliver expected him to turn tail and run, but instead he stood fast. "I'd get out of here if I were you, pal," Oliver barked in warning just as Saena made a lunge for his throat.

Oliver froze, watching the Alpha with horror in his eyes. She actually wanted to kill this guy? He'd thought they were just gonna run him off, not tear him limb from limb. He couldn't hurt this guy, not without knowing what he'd done to deserve it.

Luckily for the outsider, two other wolves showed in time to interrupt the attack. He remained at Saena's side and listened as she and the black female conversed. Saena explained why she wanted to spill Sebastian's blood, and Oliver understood her pain to an extent, but he did not agree with punishing Sebastian for someone else's crimes. "Please Saena, listen to them," Oliver urged her. He knew she probably wouldn't even consider the opinion of a lowly subordinate, but he had to try. "Let him go, killing him will only make things worse."
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
Arion charged into the scene with ears flattened against his skull and black lips peeled back, revealing gleaming sharp fangs. Cold and hardened honey eyes glared fiercely at the greyscale wolf, he reeked of the Caldera, making the stallion wrinkle his leathery black nostrils mockingly and in disgust. None of them were welcomed in the North as far as he was concerned, they slaughtered Junior without blinking an eye and graced Saena's well intended visit in a similar feral and merciless manner. Mercy was not something any of those who resided in the murderer's pack deserved, this wolf came into the lion's den in his own free will and refused to leave, even attempted to intimidate them by making himself larger, he should be expecting his death.

"Don't you harm my brother," Arion snarled, leaping forward and snapping at the intruding female's pretty brown face, before growling at the Caldera wolf and addressed the other northerners who were not of Redtail Rise. "This is not your fight, he is not one of yours, why do you care? Risking your hide for such a pathetic person who would call for wolves from another pack to aid him, not wolves from his own, but wolves who are from another pack. That itself should be enough proof that he, and the Caldera need a good sharp lesson. He-" Arion sneered at the greyscale wolf,"- is of the pack that harmed our own, this is simply justice. And mercy has no place with justice." The Caldera pack should have known this would happen to those who dared venture into the North, into their domain, where they were the strongest. "Isn't that right, dickface?" he spat at the caldera wolf. 

"If it was up to me, I'll torture him until he begs and maybe geld him while we're at it," but this was not his decision to make, he was no leader, no Alpha, no Beta, simply the Gamma. So he simply glared at the offending greyscale wolf, hackles bristling, waiting for Saena's command. She was his leader after all and he was hers to command. When Oliver spoke, asking for them to be merciful to the greyscale wolf, Arion nearly scoffed. Sure, the Caldera guy might have a good heart and took no part in killing Junior or wounding Saena or Reek, but he was one of them and by the thick stench of the pack on his hide, he had probably been a member for the long time, and it was almost as good as killing the Alphas of the pack in his mind. Being part of that pack, venturing to the North, challenging Saena and calling for outside help was enough a good reason for them to tear the greyscale tank from throat to balls and see what the Caldera wolves were truly made of.

Nevertheless, while Arion might dislike the way Oliver thought, so innocent and pure, he admired the way he spoke up for the male. But it wasn't going to save the Caldera wolf, what was the word of a rangy, untidy, scrawny newbie worth to that of the entire pack?
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
How very interesting. The woman's pack was torn. One wolf wanted mercy, the other wanted none of it. Fancy that, Citali offered an alternative option that, in its own way, accomplished both. Now she had two sets of fangs staring at her every so sweetly. She snarled back. "Oh, I assure you. I am very skilled in the art of gelding." And torture if it came down to it. And a number of other things she dared not speak nor think out loud for fear her mind would run off with all sorts of ideas only to be disappointed later should he die before she ever accomplished them.

"I have other uses for this wolf," and none of them involved him dead. Yet. And so, Bastian's life would be far better off alive in her clutches as opposed to dead in their teeth. She circled 'round, turning her back on both males only to stare into Sebastian's dull eyes. She scowled, lingering there for a moment longer before she lifted a paw and cuffed him swiftly on the nose. "You are nothing. You will be forever nothing. Now grovel, you fool. You lost all validity the moment you forfeited your pride and begged for outside help."

A growl brewed within her as her ears flattened, her muzzle wrinkled to make true on the threat of her teeth. Behind her, her tail lashed as she removed her attention from the boy and turned back to the wolves who would have him dead. "I assure you, he will be handled to your satisfaction." If he got out of this alive... the wolf's life was hers. He wouldn't be allowed to forget it.
Memories are a mark from experience, Without those marks you are only a shell.
127 Posts
Ooc —
A second howl was sounded but it wasn't Saena this time. It would seem like things would turn into a complete mess soon. Lacinia was actually looking forward to something chaoic. Nothing was funner than having energy being tosses here and there. Although far away she could tell that she was close. She thought it would be better to go behind the enemy lines. Surrounding them would put pressure. She wanted to see what the wolves would do. Saena and the others did have the advantage here right?

She continued to move silently to end up on the opposite side of her packmates. It's been a while since she really tried to be stealthy. Animals were a bit easy to sneak up on but wolves on the other paw were more challenging yet rewarding. So she moved to hide behind a tree, nearby to where she could hear their words clearly. She heard enough to understand the situation. It made her smile as it brought back funny memories. She had males fight over who should receive her services. Those moments were always entertain that something she just makes the problem worse by spilting them even farther apart.

While keeping out of sight she spoke loud enough for them to hear. "Why not purpose a trade? Clearly no one here wants to go empty handed. Trade blows, trade members, Trade secrets. Happiness is the goal here, not war. Can't everyone reach a compromise together? Or will someone be the greedy monster and try to have everything their way?" She said smiling to herself, she believed this would make problems worse. It was basically a choice between losing something or being called a greedy monster, which would be choosen?. Of course she was unsure how they would really respond to that but she had no intentions of fighting. She stay were she was, behind a tree making sure not to look at what was happening but instead listening. They can't see her but it she be clear that she was at the opposite side of her packmates. but honestly she wasn't going to stop anything that would come her way. Unless she was the target she wouldn't do a thing but watch and listen.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
@Nochtli Yes this takes place after the thread they have! (I think I do have to edit a post for that but that is okay!) And also. I kinda like that Seb might/would be taken hostage by FFR! (Or just Citali) Poor Seb tho. 

Sebastian might be a bit stupid, foolish and reckless but he wanted to prove his point. The male could be awfully stubborn. He wasn't here to murder Peregrine's daughter and he also wasn't here to hurt her. He would growl but not really fight her. If he would she would only twist the story that he was some assassin. Please, Sebastian felt like he didn't even look like an assassin. He was large yes, and might be seen as a warrior but he was far from it. Most of his act was a bluff. Sebastian braced himself for the impact of her attack, still not knowing this alpha female's name. The blow got him good, pain exploded from his upper front paw, shoulder and chest. He gritted his teeth, wanting to defend himself but he was mentally stronger. Wanting to yell at the female that he wasn't here for bloodshed. A sinister thought went through him, let them believe he wasn't there for bloodshed and once they backed off he would take them off guard and just kill the outrageous female. But, Sebastian pushed that thought away. He wasn't like that, he didn't want to be like that. He was honorable and true to his word. Sebastian didn't regret provoking the female, she was playing dirty by calling her whole pack so he had the right to attack at least verbally. Then again, may it wasn't the smart thing to do in Sebastian's case.

Sebastian didn't allow himself to yelp, he was relieved when Nochtli came into the picture and Miss. Citali! Miss. Citali was nice! She taught him about herbs. It was good lessons too, Sebastian felt cheerful for a moment to see the two faces. He watched how Nochtli diplomatically started to talk about him. Nochtli was smart though. Peregrine did know Sebastian was visiting her in the North. Sebastian said he would only take a week maximum. So if he happened to die he at least hoped RHC would look for him. But if they would look for him Nochtli was the first to be talked to. He didn't want her to be attacked by Peregrine or one of his pack. Redhawk had already too many enemies. He just wished he got a history lesson starter kit so he would be up to date which wolves to avoid. Otherwise he would have never gotten even close to this damn cave, he wouldn't never greet this female. Sebastian got a bitter taste in his mouth when Nochtli wouldn't stop the pack from killing him, and even though they had just been friends Sebastian thought that if this would happen to Nochtli he would have fought for the girl. Maybe he was just really loyal to the ones he considered friends. On the other hand he couldn't really ask her to die for him. Sebastian felt torn on the inside but eventually a lonely feeling settled over him.

Sebastian's head started to feel a bit light with the blood dripping down from his shoulder to his left front paw. There was a big gash there. He wanted to say something too but he didn't really got the opportunity to get between their conversation. "Redhawk Caldera...," he muttered in correction to Nochtli. Then Sebastian reminded himself that he didn't really have to remind the others of which pack he was from, frankly that fact got him in trouble the first place. The large grey male still held himself with some self esteem. He wanted to make his point. The ugly one spoke to Nochtli. Sebastian didn't expect the circling wolf to attack him. Sebastian swallowed his yelp when the ugly one's teeth sunk into his neck. Sebastian tried to pull himself free by using the strength he had in his body. Then Miss. Citali had stepped between them as sort of his guard. She even pointed out something very important! Yes, Miss Citali, Sebastian cheered in his mind. They were making it a pack problem while he was utterly innocent. He had been at the wrong place at the wrong time! But then the female continued. Wait what?! Kidnapping? What was she talking about!? He saw the healer as his teacher and mentor. She had been nice to him, he had done well under her lesson. Now she wanted to kidnap him and god knows what else? Sebastian's heart sunk. Sebastian let out a frown. He was born in the North! He had only traveled south to confront his father (which he still needed to do....). He liked cold and he wouldn't look away from a fight. Well, today he would but only because he was proving that he wasn't here to kill after all. Sebastian's head was starting to lower a bit with the blood leaking from the wounds on his neck, shoulder and upper left paw.

The brown male spoke to Citali, telling lies about his pack. Sebastian's cold pale blue eyes stared right back at him. He knew those were lies, these wolves were all falsely informed. Sebastian bared his teeth when he was insulted, the male even spoke of gelding him. What kind of barbaric wolves lived here?! Sebastian didn't expect Miss. Citali to respond like that. Honestly, Sebastian was a bit scared of what she would do to him. Maybe she wasn't as nice as he thought she would be. Sebastian wanted to step aside when she approached but then the paw collided with his nose, feeling the scratch of her nails. "Hey--," he let out in protest but the female spoke. Sebastian was confused. Was this all an act for the other pack so they would think she would torture him or was she actually ... keen .. on torturing him. Sebastian didn't want to be a slave. His pale eyes fell into the ones of Miss. Citali. A pouting frown came on the wolves features. He wanted to protest and tell Citali that he only meant to inform. He didn't expect them to fight for him. Though Nochtli kinda did with her words he now realized. The loneliness lifted and he found some strength in what the dark female had said. At least there was one wolf who was rooting for him to be alive, and well... Citali too, but he disliked what she was planning for him. He almost didn't even hear the dark female when she spoke, too much in his own head.

Sebastian lifted his head. Now he wanted to speak. "You are making this a pack thing! I am innocent. I am not even here to assassinate you," he turned his gaze to the female he didn't know her name (Saena). "I haven't even fought back to show that I don't even really want to fight. I was visiting Nochtli after all the drama that happened at the Caldera. I didn't even know you were his daughter until you mentioned it. I don't know my alpha's full history, so excuse me for not knowing. I've only been there for a few months. You are going to kill me for something I didn't even do?! I wasn't there when you were chased away. I didn't even touch your sister the day she came to our home ready to kill. The only thing I did was shield Wildfire away from the bloodshed and licked her wounds!! You are so filled with rage you would do almost the same thing you hate your father for," he huffed. The worst of all, Sebastian was innocent. Junior who attempted to kill Wildfire was not innocent at all. He had even given her, without knowing, the information she wanted to know. "I will not run away because you tell me I am not welcome in a spot that you haven't claimed. I haven't done anything to hurt you, you just label me as 'bad' because I happen to live the family members you have a feud with?! Grow up," he huffed, Sebastian looked really agitated and tired at the same time. This was also a thing about Sebastian that he had trouble to keep his mouth shut in moments like this, but at least others would know the truth.

His pale blue eyes roamed over the group and his ears flattened against his skull. He didn't want to die if he died now his whole life had been a misery. He didn't want his life to end with no highlights in it. His nose hurt from Citali's paws and his body trembled as he tried to keep himself standing. Sebastian uplift in spirit died out again. They already took chunks from his flesh, made him feel horrible about himself and Sebastian even felt a bit humiliated if he was really honest. There were only a few options for him now. Die at the paws of this pack, or live and be a slave to Miss. Citali. He didn't want to choose any of those options but if he had to choose he then he would choose Miss Citali. Sebastian wasn't a quite. Plus he could at least learn about herbs. Sebastian felt his spirits crumbling more as all the eyes were watching him. So much for his mini holiday... "Miss. Citali, Can we go now?" Though when he spoke Sebastian's eyes fell with a glare at Saena. Horrible Wench. Life-ruiner. Creature from Hell. No wonder Fox hated her.
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
Hmm. One. Two. Three... now four wolves within this wolf's company were negotiating for her. How odd. "A trade!? What use to you is a trade save for an extra body to drain resources in barren lands like these?" And additional angry wolves in the form of more enemies. No. Her solution was still the best. A bait and switch so to speak in which, should the Cabana care about their wolf, they would seek Frostfire instead of Redtail. Sebastian was visiting Noctli after all, wasn't he?

"Does the Rise rule by committee?" she asked instead, wondering why... in all of this, the woman who ruled it all had not yet done anything to command her soldiers' loose lips. it was somewhat sloppy and suggested a poorer rule than she'd imagined. "Or does their queen know how to negotiate for herself?" She was done seeking outside opinion. There were only two wolves here who were truly negotiating and at the moment one of those included herself. Why, even her dear dark sister had proven her diplomacy useless in this scenario if only because she lacked vindication.

Then of course, the brat decided to open his giant mouth and talk for fucking ever. She reeled on him, turning to box the southern wolf more firmly upon the nose than before. She was a heavy weight. There was nothing gentle about it, nor was their anything less quiet than her snarls as her teeth snapped far too near to his muzzle for anywolf's comfort. "I said grovel you useless corpse of flesh and fur. Unless your next words are, 'Have mercy on my idiotic soul,' you will hold your tongue or lose it." But of course, the wolf wanted to go home. Clearly he was not fully aware of the situation. He had no home. Wolves that were meant to be seen and not heard, were nothing. One could only have a home if they were something. Oh how reality would so harshly be sinking in.

She turned her gaze back to the wolves of the rise. "Who is negotiating here?" she asked, her gaze sweeping the crowd with question before her eyes fell upon their young queen, waiting for a response or better yet, a decision.
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Mmm, rolling with this as best I can. If Sebastian doesn't run now, he'll die.

While Nochtli turned out to be a reasonable wolf with reasonable motives, her companion immediately earned the ire of the Redtail Rise Alpha when she dared to snap at Reek. Saena paced a few steps forward to intercept, rumbling fiercely in her chest, but Arion had already taken care of it and the other wolf was speaking. Saena listened only because they had the time and advantage.

"They are the same. Pack is family. They were my pack, my family. He is their pack, their family. They harmed my family, I harm theirs." Saena answered to her claim that she was making it a pack problem. Reek and Junior, who had both been attacked by Redhawk Caldera members, were family, but they were also pack members. It may have been Saena's father and mate doing the attacking, but they were the Alphas of their pack. Every wolf beneath them automatically shared their viewpoints... which is the same argument she would've made against Sebastian if he was worth her breath. He might not have done anything himself, but by following them, by defending them, he supported what they had done, and that was enough for her. Of course, subordinates had no choice but to do so, but for that reason it was a pack issue from the beginning, whether anyone else saw it that way or not. Citali then proposed that Frostfire Ridge take Sebastian off their hands, and Oliver was quick to agree that it was a good course of action.

To most wolves, this sounded like a good way for Redtail Rise to get away free, but to Saena, it was a worse idea than allowing him to run back to his pack. At least if he did, it would serve as a warning to Redhawk Caldera that they weren't to be trifled with and that the north was closed to them. Citali's proposal benefited only herself and not those who actually deserved Sebastian's blood. Aside from deflecting Redhawk Caldera's interest (something she didn't give a shit about), it didn't earn the Redtail Rise wolves anything. If any should benefit from his capture, it should be the Rise, not a pack that had no business being here. Plus, there was the fact that in his moment of need, Sebastian had called these wolves... they, or more specifically Citali, couldn't possibly think Saena was stupid enough to trust them when they had come to her enemy's aid. She couldn't trust that they wouldn't let him go the second they turned their backs.

"That's enough," Saena snarled decisively, pinning her eyes on Sebastian, but meaning it for Citali as well. She liked Nochtli and liked how she thought and would respect her, but Citali was another story after snapping at her Beta and insulting her decision making to her face. "I won't have it. The north is ours," and she meant this to include Nova Peak and Frostfire Ridge, though no doubt someone would assume she arrogantly meant only herself, "and we must protect it, not bring enemies home with us. We are sending a message to those who started this fight. My sister might've deserved what she got, but my Beta and I did not. We return the favour." She stood up straight, tail lashing, and glanced to Nochtli. "If he dies here and they try to blame you, Redtail Rise will stand beside you," she assured the more sensible of the two, because Redtail Rise didn't need some other pack to take the heat for them nor would she allow Nochtli to bear the pain of punishment as she feared she would, "but otherwise, this isn't any of your business. His life isn't yours to take. It belongs to my wolves who have suffered and bled at the hands of his pack. Go home, and rest assured his only choices now are to run for his life or die here."

And so, without waiting for anyone to respond, Saena lunged for Sebastian again, giving the signal for Redtail Rise to tear him apart if he didn't turn and run now. As for Citali and Nochtli, they would be left alone to return to their pack with Saena's promise to fight with them should Redhawk Caldera ever come, as unlikely as that was, but if they interfered, Saena and her wolves would rip them apart, too.
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
Arion continued circling the Redhawk Caldera wolf with bristling hackles, flattened ears and bared fangs. It was clear that he was itching to leap forward and tear the greyscale wolf from head to balls, to kill him in the savage and cruel manner that he had always made to do. Just like Saena said, pack was family and Sebastian was part of the Caldera's family, Redhawk had harmed a few of the Rise, and in return, they would harm him. Like he had said before, this was simply justice even if it did not seem like it. A small taste of justice. It would've been even better if it was the Alpha Male who came or the Alpha Female, then, that would be true and good justice served.

"Oh shut up," Arion snarled at the greyscale Caldera wolf when he asked this Citali if he could go now. "Listen to her," he tilted his muzzle into the brown female wolf's direction, despite the fact she wasn't from the Rise, he rather liked her way of speaking, it reminded him of his sister back home. Shaking back the thoughts of Cerberus's Pavilion, he concentrated once more on the scene in front of him. He did not care if Sebastian said he was innocent, he was part of the Redhawk clan and therefore he was guilty of the crimes the Caldera pack had done to them.

Saena's words elicited an approving growl from Arion, yes, the North was theirs, the North belonged to all of the packs and they must protect their domain no matter what. The greyscale wolf's life did not belong to the Frostfire Ridge wolves, the Caldera had wronged Redtail Rise, so this pathetic excuse of a wolf's life should be in their paws. Besides, giving the Redhawk wolf the gift of death was a good thing, who knows how many others he would slaughter before his stupidity kills even himself.

Pride was a good thing. But when you saw a group of pack wolves coming to end your life, you ran no matter what if you cared about living.

At Saena's signal, Arion leaped forward, teeth aiming to rip open the other wolf's throat and tear him apart. He aimed to attack every part of the greyscale wolf's body he could touch, and he would not stop no matter what.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
It was all a blur after Reek's initial attack on Sebastion; he tore into the Redhawk's throat and clamped down, refusing to let go. The acrid taste of blood filled Reek's mouth and blurred Reek's senses. Although Reek was no fighter by any standard, he had worked himself into such and angry frenzy that his inexperience hardly mattered. But before Reek could squeeze the life out of the other wolf, another vaguely familiar face intervened. The healer who helped him identify a fern not long ago.

Sebastian managed to pull away while Reek was distracted, leaving bits of flesh hanging in Reek's mouth. Reek turned to the intervener and spit blood indignantly at her feet. Hackles were raised, teeth were barred, and a low growl escaped Reek's throat. No one would get between him and prey. That was all the Caldera was... prey.

She outlined a deal, but Reek felt it was bullshit. Sebastian had called for them specially... it all seemed too perfect. However, he kept his trap shut and left Saena to decide. But, she quickly called their bluff and claimed Sebastian as their own to deal with. She lunged, then Arion, and Reek quickly followed. If Reek took hold, there would be no escaping this time.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian Out.

Sebastian disliked the crazy female more and more, seeing that he didn't want Citali to geld him either, the young wolf wished he could get away. Peregrine's daughter disliked the idea that he was going back with Nochtli and Citali. His grey fur bristled, his mind torn. Would he die nobly without running from a fight or would he try to escape and leave his pride. Sebastian had no idea he had so much pride left in him even after all the trouble he had in his lifetime. The grey tank would have to thank his father for that, possibly. Though he liked to think he had the survival strength of his mother. He missed her. That thought was soon gone with teeth starting to rip him to pieces. Sebastian started to fight back, kick and snap his teeth. There was no way he could get out between the mass of wolves but then his mind screamed about the cave. Sebastian's whole body hurt and he would have to look later where he was wounded. The aspiring healer didn't even know if he could heal himself. Where was he to go? The Caldera didn't have a healer. If he would travel all the way home it might be his death.

The moment he felt that there were no teeth inches flesh anymore he whirled around and half ran, half stumbled into the grotto. Please don't let it have a dead end. Then it would really be a dead end. Sebastian briefly wondered how he could run this fast, probably the adrenaline rushing through his body. He raced past an underground lake and took a right, following natural path of the Gotto, when a left and another left, following his nose. Sebastian had to make an emergency break when his path was blocked by what seemed a ice wall, though he could scent through the cracks. If it was winter Sebastian would never be able to break it, but it was summer, even in the North so Sebastian's big paws scratched at the ice making the cracks bigger until pieces started to break off. The male wrestled himself through he hole, blood and fur hanging on the ice before he got out of the grotto. Before him was a enormous ice field. He was used to those when he lived further North. Sebastian didn't think and started running. He couldn't give up now, through his energy levels were dwindling. His paws skidding over the Northern Ice hoping he would reach the tees up ahead.
49 Posts
Ooc —
When Saena gave the order to attack, Reek and Arion didn't hesitate to go straight for the Redhawk's throat. Meanwhile, Oliver hung back and watched the scene unfold, horrified by the savagery of his pack mates. He would not join the attack, but he would remain nearby just in case one someone (other than Sebastian of course) was injured and needed a medic.
209 Posts
Ooc — Gina
So much happened so fast. Citali took things a little too far, perhaps, but that was Citali for you. She lived life on the edge, or not at all. She treated Sebastian as most Amazons would and the shadow-cloaked diplomat did nothing to stop it. The grey male was no better than the war criminals kept back at the Rise, so she did not have quite as much of a problem with it, not even flinching as the medic smacked him with her paw.

But Saena wasn't having it. Nochtli had had a feeling that she would decline the Amazon's so 'generous' offer and so stayed quiet as she signaled to her followers to attack. It was only now that she moved, darting in to snag Citali's tail with her teeth and pull her back a bit, bright eyes staying locked on Sebastian as he finally fled. "This doesn't concern us, Cheetah." Not anymore, anyway. "Let's head out."
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
The young queen spoke then, making her final decision. Citali could not help herself. She shook her head, disappointed in the results. These young wolves... so quick to make short term examples and so clueless to the effects of longer games. To kill this wolf now? His life would certainly be a waste of valuable flesh. Such a shame that no other wolf wished to see outside of their narrow view.

Save for the one wolf who'd thought fondly of making a mockery of Sebastian's living. She glanced over the wolf for a moment, committing him to memory if only because there was something within him that made her think more of him than she did the rest of that lesser gender. Nevertheless, when the order was given he fell in line as opposed to committing to his own desires. A pity. She'd expected more.

With the orders given, the boy running, and the wolves nipping at his heels, it became very obvious to the fact that Citali and Nochtli had been nothing more than an added distraction. If Sebastian had any sense in him, he might have run when he had the opportunity. Now it would be some kind of miracle if he managed to stay alive. She huffed, exhaling loudly as she turned on her paws and watched the pursuit with utmost disappointment. She cared less and less for the north with each passing day. The wolves in these parts were utterly ridiculous.

A sigh escaped her as Nochtli's teeth wrapped around her tail. Citali turned, glaring back at the dark wolf who suggested they leave. "Very well," she resigned, turning to depart with her amazon sister. She'd had more than her fair share of disappointment for one day.

-Citali exits-
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena felt savage satisfaction for the first time in her life as her teeth ripped into another wolf with the intent to kill. Her fight with Fox had been tamer, not on her attacker's side but on her own—it had been about preserving her life and getting the hell out of there. This time, she aimed to bring Sebastian to his knees and liberate his throat from his body.

Even as Reek and Arion closed in, Saena caught Oliver hanging back from the corner of her eye. In her current state, she cursed him, but later she would understand his reasons. He was so new that seeing his pack in this way was likely a deal-breaker for him. It was something she would need to talk to him about, but presently, she was in no mood to explain herself any further. What she'd said was plain for all to hear. So she went for Sebastian instead of consoling her pack mate with faith that he would allow her to mince words when the time was right.

They managed to pin Sebastian briefly, and Saena's heart surged with the possibility that they would kill him, but somehow he slipped out of their grasp and made a bid for freedom... straight into the grotto. Having just come from there, Saena knew there was no easy way out of it except the way in, so she was quick to pursue him down there, intent on finishing the job. The Redtail wolves, those who joined the fight anyway, streaked through the trees and very nearly caught Sebastian again, but he clawed his way up and through an ice wall by some miracle and found himself out of the grasp of the Redtail wolves.

That was okay, though. Saena was sure he'd got the message, and even if she wanted desperately to kill him as payback for Junior's death, she didn't want them going so far from their pack that it was practically undefended. So she stopped, breathing hard through a layer of blood on her muzzle and tongue, and said, "fall back. He won't come back here unless he's the biggest idiot alive." That was very possible, so they would be on guard, but Saena didn't think Sebastian would try his luck again anytime soon.

She led the way back home, picking up her remaining pack mates on the way.