Redhawk Caldera malice through the looking-glass
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Weird post! I'm feeling torn because I know so much about BDP, but I keep reminding myself that Elwood hasn't even met the majority of those wolves, lol.

Elwood scoured his mind momentarily as he tried to remember who Lasher was. It came to him fairly quickly; he was a wolf from Blacktail Deer Plateau, and beyond that, Peregrine had been romantically involved with him at one point. He squinted in the direction in which Lasher had gone, although he was no longer visible. His ears twitched as Peregrine spoke, but he did not offer a reply for a long few seconds.

"You didn't lie to Lasher. It was an attack by an intruder, and any other pack would have reacted the same way," he finally said with a shake of his head. It might not have been the whole truth, but it wasn't fiction. He didn't know these plateau wolves; he had only ever met Saena, and even that hunt had been pure coincidence. He knew literally nothing about Peregrine's short-tailed daughter. There was a lot of history between the caldera and the plateau, which would surely only manage to thicken the plot -- but none of it involved Elwood. Peregrine and Fox were his leaders; his friends; his family. His duty -- and his desire -- was to support them. "Whatever you and Fox decide," he said, casting a sidelong glance at Peregrine's grizzled face, "I've got your back."

Even though Peregrine occupied the lowest rank in the pack, Elwood still felt allegiance to him. And he wanted the former Alpha to know that, however things played out, he would do whatever was necessary in order to ensure the safety of his home and the wolves he cared about.
Messages In This Thread
malice through the looking-glass - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 10:36 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 11:00 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 11:27 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 19, 2015, 12:44 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 19, 2015, 08:07 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 21, 2015, 12:29 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 22, 2015, 12:06 PM