The Sentinels Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino!
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
In reality, snakeroot is fairly toxic and not all that beneficial. Just a warning.
The doctor gave a sigh of relief when the younger wolf disappeared to find the root, but she knew she must already be suffering the Jimson's ill effects already when she seemed to come back almost at once with the dripping tuber in her jaws.

"Thank you kindly, Deirdre," the doctor said sincerely, positioning the root between her paws and cleaning the whiteish puss off the broken stalk. She nibbled at it for a moment before turning her attention back to the waiting woman and remembering her earlier promise.

"This is called snakeroot, Deirdre. Your pains will be soothed if you eat of it, and it can exorcise demons that have preyed upon weakened minds. For this reason, I will take it back to my pack, and when we are done speaking with the ocean, we will heal our minds and bodies with this root," she explained, making sure the plant was firmly out of the other wolf's reach - unless she wished to cross teeth for it. "There is another plant - Jimson weed - that will allow a wolf to commune with the gods for a time. But it is a weakening herb, and should only be taken in the most sacred of ceremonies. Not all can escape the grasp of the Jimson weed, but the snakeroot will bring most back from where their minds have taken them."

She watched the white wolf intently, waiting for her to speak her understanding of the subject, or else ask for more information, that she might better absorb the knowledge. "My mother knew the importance of herbs, and she taught me very dilligently. She always made sure I knew to ask questions when I did not understand," she hedged, wanting the other to know she would be of service, if need be.
Messages In This Thread
Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! - by Doe - July 07, 2016, 02:15 AM
RE: Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! - by Deirdre - July 07, 2016, 09:08 AM
RE: Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! - by Doe - July 07, 2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! - by Deirdre - July 07, 2016, 10:49 AM
RE: Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! - by Doe - July 07, 2016, 11:10 AM
RE: Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! - by Deirdre - July 07, 2016, 11:24 AM
RE: Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! - by Doe - July 07, 2016, 11:56 AM
RE: Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! - by Deirdre - July 07, 2016, 01:49 PM
RE: Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! - by Doe - July 07, 2016, 06:29 PM
RE: Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! - by Deirdre - July 08, 2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! - by Doe - July 08, 2016, 10:15 PM