Kildeer Rest you're the ocean and she's desperate to drown
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire intuited some of the emotions roiling in her companion's head and heart and felt acid burning in the back of her throat as she braced for a reaction of some sort. When it came, she flinched ever so slightly, her insides clenching in desperate fear of rejection. But the next few words out of the Heda's mouth sent a rush of warmth—no, heat—through her body that made her blink and then thrust her snout beneath Thuringwethil's.

"Yes," she murmured, "yes. I'm yours." Despite knowing she would have to rehash the old nightmare, her heart thumped with gladness in her chest at being so vehemently claimed. She savored it a moment, before drawing away a few inches and steadying herself with yet another deep, long breath.

"His name was Goober," she said, feeling her face warm with familiar humiliation, though it was not as sharp as in the past. "He—" A lump clogged her throat but Wildfire swallowed it. "He raped me, Thur. And it messed up everything between Floki and me," she continued, unaware that the name might mean something to her lover, "but it's all right. It's in the past. I'm okay now. It brought me to you," she said, leaning so that she breathed the words into the commander's neck, which she peppered with light kisses, "and you helped me heal, without even knowing it."

She stilled, just breathing lightly into Thuringwethil's velveteen fur, before saying, "And I'm happy, here, with you. I want a future and a family with you." Her heart skipped a beat as she confessed these things, laying herself and her innermost desires totally bare for the other woman. "I love you." Her eyes closed again as her head fell forward, forehead gently bumping against the Heda's.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you're the ocean and she's desperate to drown - by Wildfire - August 28, 2016, 08:28 PM