Redhawk Caldera until all you see is my ghost.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey tensed as Fin came towards her, but recognized the lack of threat in the movement. Her mother's demeanor is shifted, and Liffey felt so very tempted to just let herself go. She just wanted to fall apart. She wanted to run to her mom and cry and tell her how heartbroken she was that she'd been left behind. She wanted to just admit to all the things she'd been thinking of lately - her desire to travel and find herself and a place she belonged. To admit that she didn't feel like she fit in here anymore, that even in the Caldera it felt constantly like she was being left behind, and that was why this just hurt so badly.

But... she just couldn't. She couldn't run to Fin with all of her fears and her hurt. Not when she was the one who was at the heart of it all. It was Fin who put the pack before her. It was Fin who wouldn't help her develop her interests. It was Fin who didn't trust her to take care of herself and wouldn't give her the freedom to explore and travel. Fin was the one leaving her behind here.

So why shouldn't be the one to do the leaving for once?

"I am not a kid anymore, mom!," Liffey snapped at her, taking a step away, "Why do you not get that? I'm not a kid. I don't have to tell you every stupid thing you want to know. I don't have to explain every little move I make to you. I can take care of myself. I can go where I want, when I want, and you can't tell me how to live my life. It's my life, not yours!"

She hadn't even noticed the shift in her posture as she spoke. Liffey rarely took a stance of authority. She had taken so easily to submission and neutrality when she was younger, but when she had stepped back from her mother, dominance fell naturally on her suddenly squared shoulders and lifted chin.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
until all you see is my ghost. - by Liffey - April 15, 2017, 02:24 PM
RE: until all you see is my ghost. - by Finley - April 15, 2017, 02:38 PM
RE: until all you see is my ghost. - by Liffey - April 15, 2017, 02:46 PM
RE: until all you see is my ghost. - by Finley - April 15, 2017, 02:55 PM
RE: until all you see is my ghost. - by Liffey - April 15, 2017, 03:05 PM
RE: until all you see is my ghost. - by Finley - April 15, 2017, 03:16 PM
RE: until all you see is my ghost. - by Liffey - April 15, 2017, 03:27 PM
RE: until all you see is my ghost. - by Finley - April 15, 2017, 03:37 PM
RE: until all you see is my ghost. - by Liffey - April 15, 2017, 03:43 PM
RE: until all you see is my ghost. - by Finley - April 15, 2017, 03:57 PM