Redhawk Caldera I will fight you for eternity.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He wasn't finding anything.  Either Colt had a different plan than what he'd said, he hadn't joined, or it had been so recent that he hadn't really woven himself into the pack's scent yet.  Disappointing.  He'd been looking for a good reason to put one pack in front of the others but no luck again at that.  He quickly skittered away to a more comfortable distance, finally exhaling a full breath.  He arched his neck, trying to release the stress that had built up along his spine and shoulders, returning his posture to normal before he orbited eastward along the packlands.  He'd look a little longer before heading back north.

Quixote wasn't finding anything, still.  He'd been focusing on watching the packlands and the immediate ground in front of him and hadn't seen her initially go beyond to investigate the movement she'd seen.  He was to the point of turning away when he too spotted a rather out of place darkish pair of blots.  Huh.  He picked up the pace, trotting towards them at a good clip.  It was a tricolor wolf and a big hawk?  Eagle maybe?  Didn't seem like an owl but he couldn't clearly see from this angle.  He was approaching from out of the other wolf's line of vision, but he called out, bemused, How the hell did you knock that out of the sky?  Of course, he didn't know she wouldn't hear.  The bird probably would, but Quixote was a lot farther away and thus a lot less of a threat.  If she was focused enough on the bird, he figured she might not react at all, so he likely had some other dumb comment to make before it would be really obvious something was a bit off in what should be a normal-but-not-everyday encounter.

He came to a stop, a comfortable distance off, Dinner or a pet?  Being a lone wolf, he was willing to chow down on just about anything, but it wasn't like he often go to see that big of a bird up close.  It was a curiosity either way.  He was mid-thought about how it would taste when he suddenly realized that the other wolf... She was one of the scents that was all over the borders of that pack right nearby.  He'd been really close to having his nose chewed off, that was for sure.  A bristle rippled through his fur at the thought, but he took in a sharp breath and did his best to clear his mind of it entirely.  Nope, he totally didn't just do the equivalent of peeking through the glass inlay on someone's front door, nope.  Not him at all. He was just passing by.  He'd done nothing wrong.
Messages In This Thread
I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 05, 2017, 09:59 AM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 05, 2017, 02:10 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 05, 2017, 02:35 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 05, 2017, 04:57 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 05, 2017, 09:13 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 05, 2017, 10:10 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 06, 2017, 09:49 AM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 06, 2017, 10:33 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 07, 2017, 12:43 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 07, 2017, 02:30 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 07, 2017, 04:03 PM