Redhawk Caldera I will fight you for eternity.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
The sharp tilt of his head mimicked the mental 'click' of all the pieces falling into place.  She was deaf?  So that's how a deaf wolf sounds?  From then on, his words were slightly more enunciated than before, but as he had been doing his best to be reasonably clear to start with, it wasn't as massive of a difference as it could have been, T-a-c-t-i-c-s. -- And honestly, I thought I must have eaten something mildly poisonous and was hallucinating through the start of this, so uh. That makes a lot more sense.  Sorry about that.  You're damn good at lip reading, though.  Quixote generally wasn't one to apologize, but he really should have figured it out earlier, and it wasn't like it was her fault he didn't.  Bird was real, wolf was real. No ghosts, no daydreams.  Just someone farther outside what he considered the norms.  He was regretting his penchant for going off on what he considered colorful and relevant tangents -- he wasn't sure how much she caught, but likely not every bit of rambling.  In her position, he figured he'd probably wouldn't be able to pick out a word.. Or would be thinking someone was talking about purple ferrets and Godzilla-quail.  Everyone needed a good metaphorical kick upside the head every once and a while.

One of the things he did want, though, was to be able to be useful, and since it seemed like the Redhawk Caldera pack needed help... As far as his options went, that certainly moved it up the list.  He wanted to live his own life and be useful in the process, Sounds fair enough.  Thanks.  I'll run into you afterwards, I suppose.  He'd cut back on the verbiage entirely, and would definitely have to think about it in the future when speaking to Towhee.  Quixote was definitely the type who would have been right at home swapping drawn-out war stories over a few pints in some dingy bar, but if they were going to be hard to understand, he'd need to find another way to tell them.  A puzzle for another time -- many other things had to go right first.  He wasn't sure that was all she had to say, though, and though he suspected things were relatively concluded, he wasn't going to run off unless it was confirmed.
Messages In This Thread
I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 05, 2017, 09:59 AM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 05, 2017, 02:10 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 05, 2017, 02:35 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 05, 2017, 04:57 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 05, 2017, 09:13 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 05, 2017, 10:10 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 06, 2017, 09:49 AM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 06, 2017, 10:33 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 07, 2017, 12:43 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Quixote - November 07, 2017, 02:30 PM
RE: I will fight you for eternity. - by Towhee - November 07, 2017, 04:03 PM