Swiftcurrent Creek i always make such expensive mistakes;;
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He was startled by Lennon's voice, but by now the sound was familiar enough that he did not jump. Ali lifted his head instantly, ears flattened and eyes wide, preparing to hear the words he had been dreading.
But that was not what came. His companion wanted to know why-- why he had run away again, as he always did. The softness behind the words took Alarian off-guard more than anything, and his breath caught in his throat.
I need to think, and I... I didn't think you'd want me around. The boy confessed softly, voice barely more than a whisper. Had he known the real reason Lennon was mad, he wouldn't have thought this at all-- but with the absence of a reason, and of any communication at all, he had been left to assume. So Ali assumed his wrongdoing was not being able to protect Korei, letting her get hurt while he still lived. It seemed, to him, reasonable to conclude that Lennon would hate him after that.
The fact that he was making Alarian question his conclusion gave the boy no peace, though-- only more uncertainty.
Messages In This Thread
i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Alarian - January 18, 2018, 01:39 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Lennon - January 19, 2018, 06:22 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Alarian - January 19, 2018, 06:37 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Lennon - January 19, 2018, 09:48 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Alarian - January 19, 2018, 10:46 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Lennon - January 21, 2018, 03:50 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Alarian - January 21, 2018, 04:27 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Lennon - January 21, 2018, 04:44 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Alarian - January 21, 2018, 05:13 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Lennon - January 21, 2018, 05:29 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Alarian - January 21, 2018, 07:31 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Lennon - January 21, 2018, 07:48 PM
RE: i always make such expensive mistakes;; - by Alarian - January 21, 2018, 08:31 PM