Wapun Meadow want to fly to a place where it's just you and me - nobody else so we can be free
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
the skies once more were punctuated by the blackened monsters -- this time the demons descended as indra was in the open plains. she fled in fear, hiding under the cover of a collapsed pine as she watched the thing descend on rapidly swirling wings. fear seized her heart as things rappelled out from its suddenly opened stomach; whatever this blight was, it was unnatural - a corporeal monster given form.

indra remained rooted as she watched whatever those strange animals were that crawled out from its stomach put something on the ground -- and then bizarrely enough, they blithely crawled back into the thing's cavernous belly. she swallowed fearfully, ears flat against her skull as she watched the metal bird suddenly lift off from the ground and climb rapidly up the sky far faster than any bird she had ever seen.

the woods were quiet long after the demon's departure. at length indra unfolded herself from the ground and pulled out, curious to see what it was that the demons had left behind. as she pulled closer the form of a wolf became evident; it stirred drunkenly from the snow and clambered like a fresh-born foal, uncoordinated and buck-wild. there was something dark across its neck - a wound? it was not red -- indra drifted closer to decipher it. she paused as she watched, troubled by the wolf's sudden turn on itself - there was a rage in its voice and a ferocity in its step as it lashed upon itself as if out of its mind.

she thought about turning then, for she assumed the creature to be struck down by rabies -- and as she made her leave the wind carried skwol's unmistakable scent to her. in disbelief she turned back around and took a few unsure steps closer to him: if he was rabid, she did not want to get within biting distance. indra's voice called out feebly amidst his snarls:"skwol?"
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread