The Sunspire cravings of an intense and odd variety
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

it's not yours, either.  she didn't know how to help him and she felt powerless for it; she didn't know the turmoil and self-doubt that plagued him, but it kind of still felt like her fault, even if it wasn't.  because she was supposed to be a counselor, and she was kind of doing a shit job at it.

and if it is your fault, it's both of ours.  she sucked in a breath.  but i don't think anyone's to blame.  this is something good, terance.. even if they can't be happy for us.  maybe it was harsher than she intended.  she desperately wanted liffey and wraen to like her.. but she loved her new family more than anything else.

i don't know, she said, feeling the warmth of his cheek against the thinning fur of her sides.  olive had three, and she was huge.  i reckon i don't have very much longer now, and i'm not so huge.  but who knows?  maybe she was carrying a bunch of very small babies.

she wanted to ask if he had ever talked to wraen about those bird names, but now probably wasn't the best time.  she heaved herself onto the ground, waving a paw and inviting terance down if he wanted to join her.  she rolled onto her back to sunbathe.  you're a good person, you know.

he could have bailed, left her with these kids that she so desperately wanted.  but he was supporting her, and despite what was unspoken between them, she knew she would always have that.
[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Messages In This Thread
cravings of an intense and odd variety - by Seabreeze - April 24, 2018, 10:12 PM
RE: cravings of an intense and odd variety - by Seabreeze - May 06, 2018, 11:35 PM