Neverwinter Forest On the Doorstep
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Okay yup, that did seem to send Okeanos into a panic.  But Mal had tried, and he responded somewhat defensively, Oh yeah she does.  It's just like I said!  She shows up with this chick, she's all, 'This is Mal, this is Ereshgul, she's gonna live with us, bye,' and then got all pissed when I tried to like.. Stop them and do my job to figure out who the hell Ereshkigle was! He had only heard once or so, and it was weird enough it hadn't entirely stuck.  Like, I'm supposed to protect the pack and stuff, how'm I supposed to do that if she just wants to skip me? All I got out of her was that she could hunt and maybe like.. teach you some healing stuff, so I let her stay for that.  He frowned, then added, I dunno if I would totally trust her -- she acted a little weird, not like too nice kind of thing but just... Weird? Wanting me to like her?  He didn't have the vocabulary to express what her final words to him seemed like -- he'd been on full alarm mode anyway, so he could have been reading it wrong and it certainly hadn't worked the way Ereshkigal had been wanting.  Though Mal himself might not give a hoot about Ibis sticking around or not, he'd tried to at least sort of protect her from bringing in a homicidal maniac or something, if only for Okeanos' sake.

But that wasn't too comforting, was it? I thought I would be able to corner her in a day or so without Ibis -- or maybe when she was gonna be less pissed.  But I don't think they stayed very long. I couldn't find them when I went looking.  What was he supposed to do when they were revolting under him over something that seemed so reasonable?
Messages In This Thread
On the Doorstep - by Mal - September 18, 2019, 09:50 PM
RE: On the Doorstep - by Okeanos - September 21, 2019, 09:57 AM
RE: On the Doorstep - by Mal - September 21, 2019, 09:05 PM
RE: On the Doorstep - by Okeanos - September 24, 2019, 10:17 AM
RE: On the Doorstep - by Mal - September 27, 2019, 01:52 AM
RE: On the Doorstep - by Okeanos - October 12, 2019, 02:17 PM
RE: On the Doorstep - by Mal - October 12, 2019, 02:53 PM