Duskfire Glacier Ommatik
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Once more, her excitement over the prospect of children with Issorartuyok was tempered by some apprehension at the way he approached the subject. It occurred to her that he was speaking in businesslike terms. He said he wanted a discussion and despite feeling under the weather and downtrodden by recent events, the yearling felt something surge up inside her.

"Yes. The thought of children with you," Meerkat said, "it's exciting. But we're putting the cart before the horse, aren't we? I told you I have feelings for you and I guess, in my mind, the next step would be courting and eventually becoming mates. That's what I meant when I mentioned a question. If you want to be with me, and have children with me, I'd want you to ask me to really be with you: be your wife."

Did that make sense? She felt some doubts, not just about her articulation but also the broader situation. If they committed to one another, did that mean she would agree to what he asked of her? Or would Meerkat still want to try to make a life together work here at the glacier? Surely there were other avenues to explore to resolve the matter.

He'd said himself he would rather leave than try to push out the former Alphas' children. There must be some middle ground, though. Arius and Ensio had only just lost their parents. They needed the pack's support, and some time to lick their wounds. Nobody should be making any huge decisions in this mindset, Meerkat thought.

Maybe he could end up passing leadership of the pack to its original heirs, but on peaceable terms. Then Meerkat would more than likely gladly follow Issorartuyok, especially if they were mated. She would hate to leave the glacier but if they all parted on good terms, well, that was something. They could settle somewhere nearby and establish another alliance. That thought was actually quite pleasing to the ambassador, even though it would still mean uprooting.

She supposed she should voice some of these thoughts knocking around her skull like frantic hummingbirds. But Meerkat remained mum, giving the man a chance to speak about their more intimate matters.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 06, 2021, 03:18 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 06, 2021, 09:32 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 07, 2021, 01:24 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 07, 2021, 05:24 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 12:27 AM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 12:56 AM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 02:17 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 03:55 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 05:14 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 06:08 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 16, 2021, 12:40 PM