Dragoncrest Cliffs this is a modern fairy tale
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Nearly the instant her little tirade ended, Meerkat regretted her outburst. Her feelings were valid, though she should not be losing her temper. It was so unlike her, though nothing put her at more odds and ends than Njord’s equally aberrant retort.

Her mouth fell open. She felt a flare of indignant anger. How dare he speak to her that way. But then she felt a jolt of burning shame. She’d raised her voice first. And then the hurt swept through her like a storm. He’d upset her and rather than apologize, he’d growled at her.

Meerkat wanted to shrink away from him, though she stiffened her legs against the impulse. Her eyes were at once full of fire and water as they bored into her husband’s scarred face. She took a breath, then another, reminding herself they were both under great duress on account of their son.

Fish was missing and suddenly you were gone again too, she said, tearing her eyes away to blink away tears. Do you know… she whispered, then shook her head, paused and said quietly, But I should not have yelled at you. I’m sorry.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 02:26 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 08:42 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 08:59 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 09:42 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 10:12 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 11:06 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 11:25 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 14, 2023, 03:38 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 14, 2023, 04:10 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 14, 2023, 05:23 PM