Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
970 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord listened.

It was as if Meerkat took a whistling kettle off the burner.

One could watch the change in Njord’s wild demeanor. His movements became less erratic. The white of his eyes shrunk. The tempo of his breathing steadied as the vice-like clench of his jaw relaxed.

The final words, mo chride, disarmed him completely. Njord suddenly felt very naked and vulnerable.

At the same time, understood.

She knew. And now he knew that his wife had walked the same path.

Njord did not hesitate. He took a step toward her and wrapped his broad neck around hers in a tight embrace, head resting on her shoulder.  Would she pull away? After he had berated her so?

Mo ghràidh,” he mumbled. Njord’s breath made the hair on her whithers sway like a wheat field in the wind. “When I found their blood trail… I was so scairt,” he admitted. “I thought… we’d have tae…” Njord suddenly became agitated again, the hair along his spine rising. “I willnae bury any of our children!” he choked the statement – maybe as a proclamation to whatever god or spirit listened.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 02:26 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 08:42 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 08:59 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 09:42 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 10:12 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 11:06 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 11:25 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 14, 2023, 03:38 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 14, 2023, 04:10 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 14, 2023, 05:23 PM