Duck Lake No one dies from love; guess I'll be the first
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Away
Her heartbeat drummed in her ears for a fierce panicked moment; then it calmed, and the world felt clarified. Reverie saw it then, her own question mirrored in his sunlit-sky eyes. Neither of them spoke; she realized that this was the moment she'd truly been thinking of, when she'd thought that they would need to be brave. One of them would have to reach out. Someone would have to ask the question.
I - I'm afraid, Spoken across the distance because she still couldn't bear to close it. If they were any closer she felt she would lose this clarity, this courage. Once the words started, they didn't stop. Of this. Us. I'm afraid of ruining it somehow - or that I already have, and I just don't know it yet. She took a step, and then another, because now that she was speaking it felt okay somehow. Closer, until she could see the details of his features and her breath caught at how much she adored them. I'm afraid of losing you. No qualifiers this time, no I know it's stupid or we barely know each other. It didn't matter. It didn't change how it felt.
Messages In This Thread
RE: No one dies from love; guess I'll be the first - by Reverie - January 14, 2023, 04:52 PM