Swiftcurrent Creek we fell through the ice when we tried not to slip
Pledged
1,542 Posts
Ooc — xynien
So he was leaving. Reverie watched him carefully for a moment before she spoke.
I - know that you meant well, Akavir, and I know that Kel was only trying to help. But I - I told you I've had bad experiences - and it's because it never helps. It never has, not with me. And you - you sent Kel to us, when you knew that I knew you were angry with me, and that - that I would do anything to stay with Lestan and Blossom. How could I say no? Reverie was oddly calm even as she unleashed every ounce of bitterness in her upon Akavir. And maybe it was undeserved; ungrateful, even, to snap at the man who had tried to help her even after she'd angered him so. Honestly? She didn't care. I know you've never liked me, and I know I upset you when - when Lestan came home, but I - I thought you were a good person. I thought you would never do anything like that to me - or to anyone. But then you did it. Her eyes filled with tears at that. And it hurt. It hurt - so much. I can't ever forget that.
Do you even want me here, really? A challenge in her eyes, then; a challenge for him to speak the truth, to tell her that she was unwanted and be done with it. Then maybe Lestan would finally see. Maybe he would finally choose her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: we fell through the ice when we tried not to slip - by Reverie - April 24, 2023, 08:43 PM