Sun Mote Copse vacation's all I ever wanted
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
970 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Making a bunch of assumptions… please nudge me if anyone needs anything changed :)

Sialuk’s calls awakened the sleeping dragon within every man’s spirit… and Njord was no exception. Every fiber of his being was strung up, taut with instinctual stress. On one hand, part of his spirit called the islander to chase any and every suitor away. To claim the starwoman for himself! Another part dared to prevent the creation of any other children who would take resources away from the mouths they already had and chase Sialuk out completely.

It was a conundrum that agitated the redtail man, and he became uncharacteristically reticent as he resisted these natural forces within himself. He pined for conflict. For intimacy. He knew himself as a faithful husband, but even the most pious man would be tempted by the way Moonspear’s leader called out into the night. On top of it all, Elentari’s time would soon come as well, her scent already on the wind.

There was a dire need to step away and remove himself. To be tempted no further. It was then Njord mentioned @Towhee’s proposition to @Meerkat. Before he knew it they were crossing the borders. Meerkat informed @Sialuk of their getaway and the girls were left with Towhee and @Phox.

Perhaps these weren’t the circumstances Njord had wished would inspire this vacation, but he was thankful for the retreat all the same.

He pressed close to Meerkat protectively. With every mile away from Moonspear he felt more relieved, telegraphed by the way his once-raised hackles smoothed.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - May 31, 2023, 05:11 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - May 31, 2023, 05:43 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - May 31, 2023, 08:18 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - May 31, 2023, 10:28 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 01, 2023, 08:44 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - June 01, 2023, 09:11 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 01, 2023, 09:47 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - June 01, 2023, 09:58 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 01, 2023, 10:23 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - June 01, 2023, 11:03 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 02, 2023, 11:44 AM