Lion Head Mesa I'm sorry that I'm misbehaving; I'm your little scarlet, starlet
Akashingo
Yaret
361 Posts
Ooc — Neoma

The world was on fire.

She liked the attention. She liked the ceremony each day of reciting her worth and focus. It was rewarding when she appeased him, and the subtle looks he'd hand her, the shifting in his voice. When the rush of not knowing where his eyes would look that day came, be it beyond the distance with his gaze of Ra, or directly at her. Even the passing glances, soft or few, told her how much he thought of her. It rose the warmth in her chest and the heat in her breath.

He didn't mean it. He may have meant it now to an empty degree, but he wouldn't in an hour. He wouldn't in a day. If not then, he would not in the next week, the next month. However long it took, she believed and committed to the sound of air coming out of his mouth; a hush from his lips, but a cry in her ears. She felt the shake of it, the tremble of her own ears as it came through them. It was the fact that no matter the feeling he gave to her now, even if she felt so out of place that her stomach physically wanted to twist, he was giving her a feeling. It was better than no feeling, and this feeling was wonderful. Her lips were in a part as he spoke, her neck extended and her head moved for his own as he offered play with her life. In fluttering eyelids, she felt her mind fall under a haze where she could not touch the ground with reality. Life went away, and so did she. A place of derealization where the world moved, and there was she, a ghost within it, watching it and unable to come back within her own terms.
Even bliss did not exist.

And then as his mouth departed, it did. Her toes pressed deep into the mud of real, and she returned.

A laugh trickled from her lips until she was leaned over on her front paws. Dipping her head, her eyes squinted to a shut and her mouth held open as it poured directly from the base of her chest. Shaking her snout, her neck straightened as soft, fiery jester eyes landed on him. She came back up to a better sit, her head lopsided as she stared at him from her peripherals, no short of lovesick. "Yeah? You'll cross. You'll be back? Then what? Branch to Shuyet?" Forbidden, she spoke it. React.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm sorry that I'm misbehaving; I'm your little scarlet, starlet - by Legend - August 01, 2023, 01:40 PM