Moonspear Speed Trials
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Well, so much for keeping things a surprise.

Half in the process of nosing a stone into place between a broken antler and an oddly bent stick, Whip could feel Sialuk's tentative approach from behind. He froze, ears falling flat against his head as he turned to regard her with a hesitant expression. Sullen, silver eyes went wide before he could even realize how silly it was to carry about such an innocuous task in secret. Then again, had he really wanted it to be a surprise, or were old habits just too hard to break?

"It's, uh -- it's for Maggak and Acrux," he muttered softly. He was gentle, but his voice carried an undercurrent of gravel; coarse and and often starkly utilitarian. Whip supposed his little pile of curiosities did look a lot like the one Sialuk kept in her ulaq; that sacred thing that Whip hardly understood, not that he didn't endeavor to learn more of Sialuk's culture -- in time, he thought. 

"I don't know if I'd call it a shrine though," he explained, watching carefully as Sialuk regarded the little cache with curiosity. "It's mostly just stuff to chew on -- I thought they might like the surprise of finding it in the morning.

A beat followed and Whip eyed his little lopsided creation.

"They don't have to know it was me."
Messages In This Thread
Speed Trials - by Whip - October 05, 2023, 06:34 PM
RE: Speed Trials - by Sialuk - October 06, 2023, 03:45 PM
RE: Speed Trials - by Whip - October 06, 2023, 09:01 PM
RE: Speed Trials - by Sialuk - October 07, 2023, 11:12 AM
RE: Speed Trials - by Whip - October 20, 2023, 02:32 PM
RE: Speed Trials - by Sialuk - October 23, 2023, 04:36 PM