Hushed Willows My girl don't want me cause of my dirty laundry
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Away
And just like that, he was gentle with her again; holding her paw and speaking sweetly, telling her that he would never want to be parted from her. It still hurt to think of the way he'd brought up Lestan, the way he'd taken that small piece of trust she'd given him and thrown it in her face during a moment of vulnerability — but he was right, wasn't he? He was so unlike Lestan in every way, yet part of her was still caught in the past, still reacting to all of the ways she'd failed her first husband and, perhaps, overcorrecting.

Reverie nodded as he spoke, throat still aching with emotion too much to respond in words. She tucked herself against him and her heart raced; her healing ribs throbbed uncomfortably. I - I always want to be with you, She confessed, feeling foolish now. I just didn't think - Never would she have thought that anyone would want her around so often, not after Lestan. If he could love her so much and still be overwhelmed by her, how could anyone else feel differently? But there was no sense in rehashing what she'd already said, and so Reverie cut herself off and only said, again, I'm sorry.

She buried her face in his fur, still crying, though not so much as before.
Messages In This Thread
RE: My girl don't want me cause of my dirty laundry - by Reverie - October 26, 2023, 04:37 PM