Sun Mote Copse A journey begins with one step
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Two, she answered with a telling gleam in her eye. Otter’s my little girl, Skipjack my little boy. They’re six or maybe seven weeks now.

She considered mentioning her son’s blindness, though Meerkat knew it was just one small part of his identity. Besides, she didn’t go around introducing her sister as “Fennec the Blindo” or Towhee as “My Deaf Mother,” right? The thought made her laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Let’s go back that way, Meerkat said, pointing west, then we can make a big circle that’ll bring us to The Taigh. Here, I’ll stash these over here for now… she added, tucking the fish inside a log before they began.

She took her time to point out every landmark as they went along, from her own bourie near the northwestern corner, then on to Ray’s Beach and Mercy’s Garden over yonder. They paused for a moment of reflection at Narwhal’s Respite, then took a drink from Fish’s Loch. They ended the tour by climbing Njord’s Craigh, where they could see just about everywhere else, including Seal’s Nook just north.

I don’t know how long you plan to stay, Ajei, but you’re welcome as long as you like. If you don’t want to stay in The Taigh—it’s a bit noisy, with the bairns—I bet you’d enjoy having Seal’s Nook to yourself, Meerkat said as they finally reached the pack’s cottage tucked beneath the roots of a washed-out tree. Home sweet home, she announced, raising her voice so Otter and Skipjack would know they were there.

Right on cue, Skipjack came barreling out of the den. Meerkat clicked her tongue to let her know her location. When her son ran toward her, she scooped him to her with an arm. She bent to nuzzle the unruly fur on top of his head, sticky with something or other, then raised her head.

Ajei, this is Skipack, or Skip for short. Skippy, say hello to Ajei, she urged, releasing him to nose their guest all over. Over his head, she added, Then come inside to say hello to the others. And stay as long as you like, Meerkat reminded with a smile.

Want to fade here? :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
A journey begins with one step - by Ajei - April 12, 2024, 08:23 AM
RE: A journey begins with one step - by Meerkat - April 12, 2024, 08:31 AM
RE: A journey begins with one step - by Ajei - April 12, 2024, 08:38 AM
RE: A journey begins with one step - by Meerkat - April 12, 2024, 08:44 AM
RE: A journey begins with one step - by Ajei - April 12, 2024, 01:53 PM
RE: A journey begins with one step - by Meerkat - April 15, 2024, 09:07 AM
RE: A journey begins with one step - by Ajei - April 15, 2024, 09:40 AM
RE: A journey begins with one step - by Meerkat - April 15, 2024, 10:36 AM
RE: A journey begins with one step - by Ajei - April 15, 2024, 10:41 AM
RE: A journey begins with one step - by Meerkat - April 15, 2024, 10:50 AM
RE: A journey begins with one step - by Ajei - April 15, 2024, 10:53 AM