Sun Mote Copse waves pulling me
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
970 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Meerkat brought Njord back down to Earth. It was not their place or responsibility to act as child protective services of the Teekon Wilds. Yet the Laird’s heart still weighed heavy with knowing. What if another child died and they hadn’t done anything to stop it?

Her next comments were like pokes from a small dagger. While Meerkat let off little steam, Njord retreated inward and deeply reflected on how past events had led up to the present. Why had he been drawn to Kigipigak in the first place? Did the Northern man possess something that he felt he lacked?

Swordfish’s image suddenly appeared in Njord’s mind, and the man felt as if jaws were wrapped around his heart.

His wife seemed to anticipate her husband’s reticence and assured him their character could not have been more different. When he felt her cold nose against his cheek, Njord pressed into her shoulder as they leaned into one another.

Meerkat was, and would forever, be his rock.

After a moment, a small sigh punctuated Njord’s letting go of the situation. From now on, he would be more judicious with whom he trusted. For a long while, Njord had promised himself to offer credence freely… but it was time for the pendulum to swing the other way.

He offered Meerkat a grateful smile. “Thank goodness,” he jeered as a way to bring back a little levity to their predicament. Njord looked to the sky as two mallards, a male and female, careened overhead. A thought struck him. “You know, I ken ah’m overdue tae renew my vows tae you, mo chride,” he said as his cerulean gaze connected with Meerkat’s whisky-colored eyes. “We’ve accomplished so much ta’gether, an’ Ah wish tae honor that because Ah love ye so very, very much.”
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
waves pulling me - by Njord - April 26, 2024, 04:13 PM
RE: waves pulling me - by Meerkat - April 28, 2024, 01:07 PM
RE: waves pulling me - by Njord - April 30, 2024, 09:33 AM
RE: waves pulling me - by Meerkat - April 30, 2024, 09:57 AM
RE: waves pulling me - by Njord - May 01, 2024, 11:41 AM
RE: waves pulling me - by Meerkat - May 01, 2024, 01:46 PM
RE: waves pulling me - by Njord - May 08, 2024, 08:56 AM
RE: waves pulling me - by Meerkat - May 08, 2024, 09:41 AM
RE: waves pulling me - by Njord - May 16, 2024, 12:54 PM
RE: waves pulling me - by Meerkat - May 17, 2024, 09:11 AM
RE: waves pulling me - by Njord - May 20, 2024, 02:20 PM