Sun Mote Copse As if some magic, like a staff found a burning bush
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
When they reached the thoroughfare where the copse and the sweep met, Meerkat stopped. She gazed into the southerly woods, ears pulling backward at all the angry memories this place now stirred. She pointedly ignored them, turning to look at Auburn again, who was shaking like a fallen leaf.

It’s going to be alright, Meerkat soothed. You’re right at the edge of the copse here, so you’re still under our protection. Look, there’s a cozy spot here beneath this tree…

It was just one of many spots where the young she-wolf could rest safely. Meerkat walked a little closer, pointing her snout, then looked at Auburn to see what she made of it.

Rest here and I’ll go talk to my husband. We’ll figure out the safest way to proceed. She paused before adding, I’ll bring you more food when I return.

She didn’t say it outright, though the implication was there: how they moved forward depended in part upon Auburn’s behavior the next time she was presented with something to eat. Meerkat shifted her weight and fell quiet, giving the girl a chance to speak, if she had anything to say.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: As if some magic, like a staff found a burning bush - by Meerkat - May 14, 2024, 10:28 PM