Redhawk Caldera I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Most of the caldera's wolves packed inside the small chamber, even as the light failed and the storm really began to rage. Wildfire's heart fluttered in her chest. She was happy for Raven's presence on her right and Nightjar's on her left. If she squinted, she could just make out her parents' silhouettes a few feet away. She could hear the hushed voices of her other loved ones too. She hoped everyone was down here, though it was hard to tell, especially as the storm grew louder and fiercer.

Over the next few hours, the winds would howl and the ground would shudder, yet they would remain safely tucked away in their hiding place... all because of her. This gave her some small measure of comfort as she tried to sleep. She did manage to doze off for a while, though the chaos awoke her again as a tree fell nearby, causing a clatter just outside the cave and restless, fearful shuffling within the chamber.

"Rave?" Wildfire murmured, half-awake, touching her nose against her sister's neck for reassurance. "NJ?" She realized her brother was no longer right next to her. A spear of panic jolted through her and she rose to her feet. Lightning lit up the chamber for half a second and she swore she saw Nightjar at the rear of the chamber. "Hey..." she whispered, moving toward him, deeper into the darkness.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too! - by Wildfire - July 29, 2015, 10:32 AM