Sleeping Dragon i want a eulogy while my body is still warm
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The I do lingered in the air like a vow and Wildfire gasped again, hastening into another verbal spindrift. "...but I know—" she began, voice hitching a little, throat working as she swallowed several times in a row. Her eyes followed the commander's gentle, sleepy drift down to the ground and her heart jumped into her throat, only to sink to the bottom of her stomach. "I know—" She exhaled as Thuringwethil's eyes closed. "...I know you don't feel the same way," she finished in a whisper.

She stood there, feeling severely awkward and more than a little idiotic, sneaking occasional glances at the dozing commander. Had she really fallen asleep in the middle of Wildfire's confession? Well, the Delta supposed that was one way of letting her down easy. She snorted, then sighed, then felt an overwhelming urge to cry. Quelling it, she looked down sadly at the top of the Heda's head, then slowly drew in a deep breath that expanded her chest.

Stepping forward, she lightly touched her nose to the tip of the Alpha's ear. Wildfire closed her eyes and lingered a moment, sending a silent well wish for sweet dreams. She then glided away into the darkness, disappearing in the direction of the rising sun just now peeking over the far horizon. Whatever happened to her now, at least she had one less regret.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i want a eulogy while my body is still warm - by Wildfire - June 03, 2016, 06:20 PM