Falls of the Hinterlands Brightest Dark
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
She might not have let a stranger sit near her or her cub - might not. But in her mind, this was no stranger. This was pack, and it was not strange for pack to share dens, cubs, touch. Doctor leaned into the smaller creature's nuzzle with a soft huff of thanks, glad not to be alone anymore on such a beautiful night. Perhaps now another voice would join hers, as well, as she decided to take up a song that was common among the wolves where she'd been born.

"At Tara in this faithful hour,
I place Heaven with all its power,
And the sun with its brightness,
And the snow with its whiteness,
And the fire with all the strength it hath,
And the lightning with its rapid wrath...
"

The song went on, but Doctor's thoughts were elsewhere while her tongue carried out a march memorized long ago. I don't think she's spoken at all. Is she hiding something? That thought was quickly cast aside. Pack did not mislead each other. Is she pack, though? I didn't recognize her. Not by scent or sight. All I know is that she smells like the sea, and she's as dark as a shadow. An new thought struck her, blanking the slate that had been her train of thought. Shadows don't talk, silly. Of course she doesn't speak. And then, I've never seen my shadow so clearly at night.

But the thoughts soon slipped away, and Doctor was content to share the pool with her friend or shadow, wolf or not, pack or not, known or not. She was awfully good company, and Doctor liked to look at her tufted ears and silky fur - it made such interesting swirls as the water eddied around it. Did her ear hairs do the same when wet? Doctor pushed her nose forward to give one an experimental lick.

"What big ears you have," she exclaimed, a bit giddy about it, for some reason.
Messages In This Thread
Brightest Dark - by Doe - June 28, 2016, 09:13 PM
RE: Brightest Dark - by Coelacanth - July 04, 2016, 05:49 AM
RE: Brightest Dark - by Doe - July 04, 2016, 07:11 PM
RE: Brightest Dark - by Coelacanth - July 05, 2016, 08:12 PM
RE: Brightest Dark - by Doe - July 05, 2016, 09:27 PM
RE: Brightest Dark - by Coelacanth - July 05, 2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Brightest Dark - by Doe - July 05, 2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Brightest Dark - by Coelacanth - July 06, 2016, 12:14 AM
RE: Brightest Dark - by Doe - July 06, 2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Brightest Dark - by Coelacanth - July 07, 2016, 12:02 AM