Silver Creek and watched as the smoke floated magically like you left me
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra felt the night close around her and a feeling tore through her gut like an anchor, chilling her with a strange, sinking feeling. she was alone. saena was gone. milo was gone. she choked back another whimper, resting her head on her paws in defeat. she wanted to just stay there - to not breath - what would it be like to sink into the earth, or absorb into the sky? would saena and milo be there, waiting for her?

she gasped as a noise broke the silence and hunched down in the manner of a doe, fear gripping her rapid heart. looking above a form materialized from the dark and indra shirked from it in terror, her shoulders in pinched in fear. the voice that emanated from the shadow was not that of a monster's and relief flooded her as she recognized amber. she did not know her personally, but her face was familiar from the meeting -- and any face in indra's time of need was a good face to have. amber's smile was reassuring and indra feebly tried to mirror the sentiment, though it was grossly contorted.

she didn't want to talk -- she just wanted her mom -- but her words failed her. as laika approached indra sunk into the ground guiltily, feeling as if she were about to be admonished for departing the den so late in the night. it had not been her intention to be bad -- she hadn't wanted to dissapoint laika -- or anyone for that matter.

"nothing." the child mumbled lowly, her gaze trailing her paws. she felt so small under the two adults, even if they had been there to protect her. she looked for a moment like she was going to keep the story at that but before she could help it she blurted piteously: "i want my mom."
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread