Redhawk Caldera we go where we want to.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
All Welcome 
I have declared it to be moving day! @Lagan @Liff--Wait why am I tagging myself--@Peregrine @Fox @Eljay @Shrike @Sassafras @Sasha @Trick @Whip @Jackrabbit - and just for FYI since I think you're all missing still - @Lucy @Elwood. I have made wild assumptions here so smack me if needed and I can edit <3

Elwood was still gone, and each day he and Lucy were absent seemed to drag with unbearable slowness. Fin's days were spent watching Liffey and Lagan with the regular interruption from Eljay, who would sit sullenly at her side until the kids awoke for him to put his best happy big-brother face on for. It was a morose existence; one in which a thick black cloud of gloom hung endlessly over the Blackthorn den.

Instinct told her that day that the time had come, and though part of Finley was loathe to move so close to the alpha she continued to awkwardly avoid, a far stronger part of her demanded for the change of scenery. Her kids were old enough now to wander from the den (as Lucy had proven to the family's detriment), and so the mother roused all of her children to urge them out and into the Caldera with one destination in mind.

The rendezvous site was not too far a journey from where the Blackthorns had chosen to den, and yet when finally they arrived, Finley could see the weariness slowing Liffey's paws. It seemed as though she would collapse into naptime when her mother finally stopped herding her along, but she burst forward with renewed vigor when she caught sight of Gannet milling about. A small smile twitched upon Fin's lips to see her daughter's excitement, but it was followed swiftly by a pang of remorse as she thought of how Lucy would have been just as thrilled, if not more.

Without a word, Fin nudged Lagan along to encourage him to go play, then turned and strode to a sunny patch of grass where she could rest and watch her pups interact with their cousins.

Messages In This Thread
we go where we want to. - by Finley - August 20, 2016, 05:52 PM
RE: we go where we want to. - by Liffey - August 20, 2016, 06:01 PM
RE: we go where we want to. - by Eljay - August 21, 2016, 05:44 AM
RE: we go where we want to. - by Lagan - August 21, 2016, 10:47 AM
RE: we go where we want to. - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 23, 2016, 08:15 AM
RE: we go where we want to. - by Gannet - August 25, 2016, 10:12 AM
RE: we go where we want to. - by Finley - September 01, 2016, 06:35 PM
RE: we go where we want to. - by Liffey - September 01, 2016, 06:44 PM
RE: we go where we want to. - by Eljay - September 05, 2016, 08:15 AM
RE: we go where we want to. - by Lagan - September 10, 2016, 09:52 AM
RE: we go where we want to. - by Gannet - September 18, 2016, 10:31 PM