The Sentinels I know you didn't plan this- but it is me you left behind in a world so cruel
hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Lotte listened intently as her pikkusisko spoke glowingly of “Uncle” ‘Turo, all the while poking and prodding at the small, soft body to tease more laughter from the little girl. “Ai,” ruefully breathed the rogue, “you speak my tongue so easily, while I gnaw so poorly at yours.” She made herself low, quietly regarding the girl with warm sincerity as she darted a lick toward Chusi’s nose. “You are a warrior already,” she praised, keeping her timbre free of the sadness she felt for Chusi, a tiny treasure that seemed to constantly pass from hand to hand. For the short length of time Lotte had known her, the ocher-eyed girl had been through two homes — and if her tale was anything to go by, this Teaghlaigh would be her fifth. Protectiveness and irritation at this injustice swelled within Lotte’s breast, but her face was a dark mask that bore only patience and kindness.

“Voi, Chusi,” intoned the hoyden with true regret. “I cannot. I made a promise to the johtaja of Donnelaith,” and if I could be free of this place, I would make a home beside my kaksonen, she silently finished her thought. Still, she found it hard to deny the little girl anything. “I will help you get ready for your journey,” she promised, “and I will think about what you have said.” There was nothing of import she could glean from the Ravensblood Forest wolves — Constantine and Aria were leaving, stripping Lotte of the need to infiltrate their ranks — and she could not join them under pretense of being Kitku without presenting a very real danger of losing her focus at some point down the road. “He will be your isä, then?” she asked. “Your father?”