Dragoncrest Cliffs like an old guitar worn out and left behind
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Thuringwethil had inferred as much on occasion, yet nobody had spelled it out for her the way Tirgatao did now. Although Wildfire inwardly prickled at the implied disapproval of their chosen lifestyle—it was simply impossible for her to truly separate herself from the situation and look at it through an objective lense—she listened astutely with a contemplative expression on her face. At least she knew not to take it personally. First of all, the she-wolf before her had already declared her separation from this old school of thought. And even if she hadn't, it still wasn't really personal, per se.

"Can I make a confession?" the Bandrona asked, barely giving Tirgatao an opportunity to respond before coming right out with it. "I don't get that. It is traditionally the Alphas—the most eligible wolves in the pack—who pair up and breed. A pack is a family and by choosing a mate and having pups, the Alphas strengthen that bond. It's not weakness at all." She paused ponderously. "It's like you said, a few minutes ago: our bond actually helps the pack's sense of unity. But I'm preaching to the choir here..."

She flashed the other female a quick and slightly apologetic smile, then resumed moving after a tentative start. "Thanks for explaining to me, though." Wildfire took several steps in silence before adding, "Maybe don't mention my take to Thur. I know she believes deeply in these customs and her role here. I don't want to upset or undermine her. But talking to you, it helps me pinpoint some of the reasons we don't see eye-to-eye and kind of helps me understand better where she's coming from."
Messages In This Thread
like an old guitar worn out and left behind - by Tirgatao - January 30, 2017, 08:17 PM
RE: like an old guitar worn out and left behind - by Wildfire - February 23, 2017, 10:34 AM