Redhawk Caldera santa clarita diet
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Although she didn't really mind nursing Orca too and the girl wasn't disrupting her sister, Raven bared her teeth a little in warning and said, "You already ate, Orca," and made a shooing motion. If the toddler put up a fight, the Gamma wouldn't be forceful with her yet. That would come later, when she was really trying to wean them. For now, she did nothing else aside from offer a disapproving look.

While Towhee (and possibly Orca) fed, Raven tilted an ear toward Eljay. His question caused a little laugh to burst from her. "Um, I'm not sure. I don't think so?" She might have jokingly offered him a try, yet it was just a little too weird for her, even for a joke. "But it must taste good, huh?" she pondered aloud, considering how eagerly the pups responded to the milk she provided them. Weaning wasn't going to be a picnic, though at least they seemed to be responding fairly well to the pre-chewed meat.

That made her think of Oriole. She hadn't been there, obviously, but she'd been told that he hadn't reacted well to regurgitated food and that's why he'd passed away. Her stomach turned. Would Oriole have survived proper weaning, she wondered? But then Raven pressed thoughts of him aside, refocusing her attention on the living, breathing loved ones around her rather than dwelling on the dead and all the what-ifs.

It surprised her when Towhee unlatched and promptly went back to sleep, though a glance at her distended tummy explained it. Rising and stretching, the Gamma peered around at the other pups and then announced, "A nap doesn't sound like a bad idea. But I'm going to head inside for mine." Raven blinked down fondly at Towhee, then glanced up at Eljay and Finley, just to make sure they were okay being left to continue attending their young charges.

"See you all in a bit," Raven said around a yawn before slipping inside the cave and flopping down in a dark corner with a sigh. She didn't fall asleep right away—she was too busy considering all the ramifications of Towhee's hearing impairment—but eventually she did slip into a peaceful doze.
Messages In This Thread
santa clarita diet - by Raven - February 07, 2017, 04:38 PM
RE: santa clarita diet - by Eljay - February 08, 2017, 02:52 AM
RE: santa clarita diet - by Orca - February 08, 2017, 10:06 PM
RE: santa clarita diet - by Towhee - February 09, 2017, 12:51 PM
RE: santa clarita diet - by Raven - February 09, 2017, 12:59 PM
RE: santa clarita diet - by Eljay - February 10, 2017, 06:20 AM
RE: santa clarita diet - by Orca - February 20, 2017, 01:13 PM
RE: santa clarita diet - by Towhee - February 22, 2017, 10:37 AM
RE: santa clarita diet - by Raven - February 22, 2017, 10:58 AM
RE: santa clarita diet - by Eljay - February 27, 2017, 05:31 AM
RE: santa clarita diet - by Orca - February 27, 2017, 09:42 PM