Firefly Glen dreaming about the things that we could be.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey relaxed almost completely into conversation as the pair pressed forward. She laughed as he responded and allowed a quick shake throughout her body to settle the remainder of her nerves. She was on edge still, but only a little, and only because she had decided that this guy was cool and she wanted him to like her. She may never see him again after this, but it didn't matter. She was young, excited at the fact that she was getting on so well with a complete stranger (a rarity for her), and all she wanted was the satisfaction of walking away from this encounter knowing she'd made a good impression.

It was for this reason that she merely glanced back over her shoulder as she heard the rustle of the other boy departing. She watched for only a second as his dark form began to disappear behind foliage before turning back to Charon to listen as he spoke. The boy was forgotten in the very next moment as she blushed and gave a shrug.

"I like to think myself one," Liffey admitted humbly, "Truth be told, I've never climbed a mountain. A very tall hill with a few minor cliffs, yes. But never a mountain." She thought of the taller slopes that encircled the Caldera. It was usually a fond thought, but now it was a disdainful one. Those were peaks. They were little nubs at best.

"I would love to climb the tallest mountain in the world. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I want to climb so high that I can actually reach out and sniff at the stars," she commented, her eyes lifting skyward, unbidden, as though she could actually see them up there somewhere.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
dreaming about the things that we could be. - by Liffey - March 11, 2017, 09:33 PM
RE: dreaming about the things that we could be. - by Liffey - March 24, 2017, 05:35 PM