Dragoncrest Cliffs Traveling the line of this vertigo
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Something seemed to have softened in the commander. Hearing that Thuringwethil loved the pups—and their flailing birth mother—was a soothing balm for Wildfire's twisted soul. She gulped in a wet breath, reflecting on all the Heda had just said. She was right, of course. They shouldn't dwell on their losses; they should stay focused on their living offspring, who needed both of them. It was a lot easier said than done but, slowly, the Bandrona began to nod.

"I love you too, Thur," Wildfire murmured, glistening chestnut eyes lifting to the leader's face before dropping to the three pups. She couldn't bring herself to lie and say she loved them too. But she could say, "I care for them a great deal and I want what's best for them. I like to think they need me and are better off with me here." The "but" was implied, though she trailed off for a moment before adding quietly but decisively, "I won't leave any of you."

Tempting as it was to give in to her self-loathing and dump the kids on Thuringwethil, Portia and Dio, Wildfire steeled herself. No matter how hard it was, she was going to stick it out and do her best. She hadn't tried so hard and for so long just to give up at the first sign of struggle. And she could keep hoping that the feelings she was missing for her children would grow and develop slowly and beautifully over time, just as they had for their doting nomi.
Messages In This Thread
Traveling the line of this vertigo - by Wildfire - April 03, 2017, 08:43 AM
RE: Traveling the line of this vertigo - by Antumbra - April 05, 2017, 06:21 PM
RE: Traveling the line of this vertigo - by Wildfire - April 06, 2017, 09:14 AM
RE: Traveling the line of this vertigo - by Antumbra - April 15, 2017, 03:34 PM
RE: Traveling the line of this vertigo - by Wildfire - April 17, 2017, 07:52 AM
RE: Traveling the line of this vertigo - by Antumbra - April 18, 2017, 10:26 PM
RE: Traveling the line of this vertigo - by Wildfire - April 19, 2017, 09:04 AM
RE: Traveling the line of this vertigo - by Antumbra - April 19, 2017, 02:38 PM
RE: Traveling the line of this vertigo - by Wildfire - April 19, 2017, 03:11 PM
RE: Traveling the line of this vertigo - by Antumbra - April 19, 2017, 08:59 PM
RE: Traveling the line of this vertigo - by Wildfire - April 20, 2017, 07:59 AM