Morningside Cuesta Yes if I ever lose my eyes, Oh if I won't have to cry no more.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

Dawn's gaze, too, had fastened on the deer, yet she had not yet noticed her aunt and Kieran conversing near the edges of the herd. She remembered Da saying once, (had it been Da? Or perhaps Aoife, she could hardly remember) that a hunter always went after the weak. Weed out the weak and the strong lived on, and the weak no longer slowed them down and filled the bellies of the wolves that pruned the herds. Her maw salivated, wishing she could taste the flesh of one of the walking lunches, gaze on a select few that seemed weaker than the rest. 

she spotted the two wolves soon, and without hesitation, she shifted and moved toward them at a steady lope, remaining slow lest she spooks the herd. Dawn arrived near the two in time to her the end of Sunspot's speech, and a grin danced on her muzzle. "I can help, Aunt Sunspot. What can I do?"  she murmured excitedly, tail lashing behind her with special emphasis on the word aunt. She was still in disbelief that she had an aunt, and found it rather ironic that she seemed to have exchanged one Sunny for another.
Messages In This Thread