Hideaway Strath we're all brave until we realize the cockroach has wings
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
The moment the bug comes into view, Mallaidh is on her feet and after it. Her steps are clumsy, making a mess of the dirt beneath her paws, but she slinks down to the ground to watch as it traveled this way and that. When it gets too far, she stands and clambers after it. It doesn’t make any noise but she can still hear each pitter patter step it makes. Ears cupped forward, expecting more out of it, and when it turns and gets too close to her, she staggers out of the way so it doesn’t touch her.

Eventually, the cockroach comes to a stop and her ears fall back, staring at it for several long minutes. It doesn’t seem to want to go anywhere anymore—is it tired?—and her head cants to one side with every ounce of curiosity she can muster. Slowly, she lifts a paw to touch it, and the moment she gets close, it flutters to life and flies in her direction. Mallaidh’s eyes widen and she leans back, a shrill, ear-shattering screech escapes her muzzle and she flails back until all four legs stick upward. She flinches and flops, fighting off the bug that has long since flown off.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
we're all brave until we realize the cockroach has wings - by Mallaidh - June 18, 2017, 09:25 AM