Northstar Vale we sail the length of sea
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

The siren dipped her head in humility at his praise.  She was just doing what she thought was correct, which just so happened to be working herself to the bone to provide for her family. Thank you.

And then he apologies to her and she freezes because although she feels like yes, she deserves this apology she knows two things — she had been out of line by not raising a call to the pack's borders she had trespassed on, and she held no position to be so brash.  And it is not like me to be so forgetful.  I was in so much pain, Rannoch.  And it had not been just physical pain, she had dealt with the mental anguish of being alone, holding the weight of the world on her shoulders like Atlas at the awareness of her own mortality.

As of late she had been dealing with some.. feelings as well.  Things she did not know how to describe — grieving for individuals who might not exist or might have passed on.

No, I admire the respect you have for your family. I feel.. as if to run a pack smoothly that every wolf should have their say.  You must forgive me but I do not.. like the idea that because one can hold his tail the highest that nobody should voice their concern for the way they lead.  Not that I have any issue with how you lead, and here she would issue a nervous chuckle.

And she didn't!  The Vale had been so kind to her but there was a blanket of anxiety that loomed over her constantly, and she knew very little of what was causing it.

But really, I cannot say I would have been kinder. Although she would have, because Brienne is a kind and too-soft soul who could not bring herself to do any harm.
[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Messages In This Thread
we sail the length of sea - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 20, 2017, 07:32 PM
RE: we sail the length of sea - by Seabreeze - July 20, 2017, 08:23 PM
RE: we sail the length of sea - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 21, 2017, 01:10 PM
RE: we sail the length of sea - by Seabreeze - July 22, 2017, 03:40 PM
RE: we sail the length of sea - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 23, 2017, 11:03 AM
RE: we sail the length of sea - by Seabreeze - July 23, 2017, 01:43 PM
RE: we sail the length of sea - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 27, 2017, 09:49 AM
RE: we sail the length of sea - by Seabreeze - July 30, 2017, 12:01 PM
RE: we sail the length of sea - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 30, 2017, 01:38 PM
RE: we sail the length of sea - by Seabreeze - July 31, 2017, 10:52 PM