Hideaway Strath the sweet escape is always laced with a familiar taste of poison
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
What are timelines, probably bringing this a little more up to date. This is vague. Set after this.

The next thing Mallaidh remembers is standing within the safety of her home’s borders. In the dark, she can’t tell how far in she is but she knows she’s in and that’s all that matters in the moment. Slowly, she turns her head to the left and glances over her shoulder but the memory is nothing more than a fog. The fur at the base of her neck feels heavier than anywhere else and her limbs are sore. Tired, heavy-lidded eyes fall lax from her former wide eyed and dead stare she’d had for the last… well, however long it had been.

The uncertainty weighs heavy in her stomach, remembering the monster that crushed her to the ground. Her mouth pools with saliva, licking it back and setting her jaw. She sets her tired paws into motion to try and navigate through the thick brush of the forest. Tracking in the dark hasn’t yet come up in any of her lessons and so she does her best to focus her weary mind but she never finds her way to the rendezvous site.

Exhaustion hangs to the back of her eyes and eventually she gives up on her hunt, finding a tree with high roots that create a nook at the base. She gives a few weak digs at the ground to try and soften the spot but the half-hearted attempts are put to rest as she drops her body like a sack of potatoes.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread