King Elk Forest -- carried on a breeze, you'll never find me, i'm gone
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
Catching up.

Her flews pull up in the barest form of a smile and she bows her head at his introduction.  Well, I am glad to meet you, Burke.  He still intimidated her because he had been so bold when they'd met and masculine anger did not sit well with her, but she still held the opinion that Burke had been right to be angry with the Caldera wolves.

She was not surprised at his admissions — he looked and sounded like a wolf bred and born to lead.  She wonders a touch absently if perhaps she should keep up this habit of waking up early but files it away to explore after their meeting.  I've been getting up early to tend to my duties as well, she tells him, so it is nice to have some company.

Although the man was visibly aged, the yearling failed to see it in him as well as she would once she got older herself.  To her he was still large and strong, and it was in its own way an advantage to have someone up at all hours of the day.  I'm sure your grandchildren will enjoy that when they get older.  The ones I have met all have a fondness for the stars.

She lets him take his fill before having her own breakfast, then returns the good meat to the cache.  Brienne begins to dig as she answers his final question. I washed up on the shores.  I was half-dead when he met me.  Feral. Afraid.  He came with the Alpha of Northstar Vale, I had just barely crossed their borders.  She breathes in.  She had never really spoken about this to anyone and although it did not make her uncomfortable she didn't know quite yet how to word it. He didn't say much.  But he kept me company while I was recovering.  One day he said he was going on a journey and I asked if I could come with him.  It was there he told me he planned to start this pack.

She finished her digging and reclined, stretching out her legs before laying down. There was no question.  I knew I was to follow him.  Heat creeps up into her cheeks, the tips of her ears, sinking its way into her teeth but she does not falter.  Quieter, she begins, And you're right.  I do quite like him.  But I think I should wait to say anything until Tindome is out of its infancy.  He has too many details to hammer out without the distraction of a woman.  I will offer my skills, my advice, and my companionship, but I do not think I should offer anything more until things have settled.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: -- carried on a breeze, you'll never find me, i'm gone - by Seabreeze - August 28, 2017, 05:30 PM