The Heartwood my irregular heartbeat is starting to correct itself
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Oh holy crap. I thought I had replied to this and I just realized that I did not. I'm so sorry! We can wrap this up if you like since it's somewhat old. <3

Raven couldn't see through the red haze of pain that clouded her vision. Shaking her head or doing anything in an attempt to get the raccoon off of her only made it hurt a thousand times worse, so after a few seconds of that, she simply crouched down on the ground, her breaths heaving in and out in a ceaseless, strangled half-whimper, half-snarl. Her whole body trembled with pain and fear -- would she lose her nose? would she be blinded? would her sense of smell be damaged? -- but within the space of a few breaths, the situation changed. The raccoon's grip loosened somewhat as the creature became distracted. She opened her eyes, clouded with tears, and blinked rapidly as she attempted to see what was going on.

Mouse had his jaws firmly on the raccoon's neck and (thank the stars) he wasn't pulling, but rather crushing. The animal let go after a few seconds of this, but it was too late -- its neck succumbed to the enormous pressure of the wolf's jaws and Raven heard a sharp pop as the bones snapped. The raccoon sagged, its life draining away, as Raven sat up and attempted to regain her composure. She swiped at the blood on her snout, coming from both her nostrils and the bite marks left behind by those needle-sharp teeth, and felt more embarrassed than anything else. What a sorry-ass excuse for a wolf she was. She sat there catching her breath and looked up at Mouse, a grateful smile pulling the corners of her lips upward, and said somewhat lamely, "Thanks. I can't believe I just got my ass totally kicked by a raccoon."
Messages In This Thread
RE: my irregular heartbeat is starting to correct itself - by Raven - November 27, 2017, 05:57 PM