Stone Circle Look at those potatoes
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Sorry for the delay! School's started up, and I'm still trying to figure out the juggling act *crosses fingers*

Nanook was close. Always close. Within reason, of course. The Apaata didn't hover or cling to her sister's den site, but ever since Desna had popped, she'd kissed her excursions good night to stay within earshot, in case she was needed. Of course, the call never came for her, even though she'd scented the trail of others leading up to the den. Ezekiel, a given, and starry Nikai. Nanook couldn't stop her ears from burning, the question of why them and not her hot on her mind. But she bade her time - and today, her patience payed.

She came upon the den with an eager step, a briskness she tried to temper with a shrug of nonchalance. The wiggle of her tail betrayed her, and she gave up, and instead scuttled close to the den. She stopped short. The flash of teeth replayed in her mind, bright in the shadows. Nanook hesitated with a glance to the sky and scuffed a stride back to make ample margin between herself and the opening. Desna had called her, that she knew, but though she buzzed with the want to gaze inside, she'd take no risks.

So Nanook squatted until her mouth was near level with the den's opening and gave a customary chuff to let her sister know her presence. The scent of milk and warm bodies overwhelmed her, and she twitched her nose against the foreign smells.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
Look at those potatoes - by RIP Valette - September 05, 2017, 03:53 AM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by Steph - September 09, 2017, 11:53 AM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by Nanook - September 11, 2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by Clary - September 11, 2017, 09:45 PM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by RIP Valette - September 12, 2017, 05:38 AM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by Steph - September 16, 2017, 08:01 AM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by Nanook - October 02, 2017, 07:38 PM