Stone Circle Look at those potatoes
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook found herself stuck at her sister's invitation underground, frozen in tumultuous limbo. Though the den smelled of warmth and life, she still trembled with the haunt of the similar pit which had become her mother's grave, and there seemed to her a piercing irony that they would welcome new life in a confinement Nanook only knew, until this point, as a place of sickness and death.

These thoughts kept her as a shadow at the entrance, and she tried to feed on Desna's excitement to work up her own courage to enter. She thought she caught a smile pass her sister's lips, but from her vantage she could barely see even the closest pup clambering to curl against her sister's chest. Nanook's heart panged with frustration, and this was enough to inch her a few shuffles closer, despite the disquieting rise of her spine. Soon the earthen walls pressed all around her.

Alarms rang, and her mouth parted in a dry pant. She tried not to think about the dirt, and instead turned her focus on the pups - who at this point looked very little like wolves, and very much like small, fragile, and rather helpless things. A wave of something struck her, and she lingered a trailing watch on the one Desna had called Steph curl into the safety of her mother. Nanook's eyes softened, but her mouth couldn't decide between a frown or a pained grin. "I remember doing that," she said softly, and leaned in to peer closer at the dark little girl. "I didn't think we were so small."
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
Look at those potatoes - by RIP Valette - September 05, 2017, 03:53 AM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by Steph - September 09, 2017, 11:53 AM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by Nanook - September 11, 2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by Clary - September 11, 2017, 09:45 PM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by RIP Valette - September 12, 2017, 05:38 AM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by Steph - September 16, 2017, 08:01 AM
RE: Look at those potatoes - by Nanook - October 02, 2017, 07:38 PM