Redhawk Caldera I am not a hero.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin quirked a brow in surprise and subtle amusement as Towhee became rather serious and formal just after greeting her. She settled in on her haunches facing the youngster like someone about to be given a PowerPoint presentation on FMLA administration, watching her expectantly as she continued. She didn't know what this would be about, but had a sneaking suspicion she was likely about to hear a plea to have the Drageda wolves removed from their territory. When it proved to be nothing of the sort, she found her head tilting thoughtfully as she began to consider.

There was no doubt that Towhee had proven herself to be an exceptional guardian for the Caldera. Frankly, she probably had better tabs on the comings and goings of the pack than Fin or Elwood even did. She'd come in quite handy in allowing Fin to focus on raising her little hellions, and she certainly had the skill to be called a master. She'd also seemed to take their last feelsy conversation to heart and behaved herself better towards outsiders, which included those that only Towhee considered to be outsiders. But was it enough for Fin to give her approval?

How has Elwood not yelled at her yet for always making important decisions on her own.

"You're definitely talented," Fin said after a beat, "You've proven yourself time and time again to be a valuable asset to the pack, and there's no one in our ranks who guardians it up like you do." A smile fluttered across her lips, but it slid away after a moment more of thought. There was no doubt in her mind that Towhee had earned the title, but there were still flaws to her goddaughter's method that caused her to hesitate.

"Before I agree to this though, there is still one area that I think you need to prove yourself in," she said finally, trying not to flinch at the crushed look that I'm only assuming will show on Towhee's face in Kat's next post. "Being a guardian and deterring enemies is one thing, but not all wolves who approach are enemies," she continued, "I'm not convinced yet that you know the difference."

Her words were blunt, but of all the kids she'd known in her life, Fin was confident that this one could take them. With each litter, she'd grown harder and harder on them in an effort to mold them into competent, well-rounded, and most of all strong adults. She'd seen too many of them lost by one means or another to let it be any other way anymore. Taking physical blows was one thing that all pups learned by the simple fact of being born a wolf. The emotional blows were not as easy to come by, usually. "What do you do when you meet a strange wolf on the borders?" Fin asked, falling to quiz time.

Messages In This Thread
I am not a hero. - by Towhee - October 18, 2017, 08:56 AM
RE: I am not a hero. - by Finley - October 18, 2017, 08:44 PM
RE: I am not a hero. - by Towhee - October 19, 2017, 08:03 AM
RE: I am not a hero. - by Finley - October 19, 2017, 05:29 PM
RE: I am not a hero. - by Towhee - October 19, 2017, 05:58 PM
RE: I am not a hero. - by Finley - October 19, 2017, 06:30 PM
RE: I am not a hero. - by Towhee - October 19, 2017, 07:11 PM
RE: I am not a hero. - by Finley - October 26, 2017, 11:54 AM
RE: I am not a hero. - by Towhee - October 26, 2017, 02:47 PM
RE: I am not a hero. - by Finley - October 27, 2017, 05:27 PM
RE: I am not a hero. - by Towhee - November 02, 2017, 03:34 PM