Ankyra Sound we will be the main ingredient in a chowder of pain
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Eventually the burning of her paws begins to fade and it offers a weird painful release. The longer she stands in the water, the more appealing to dunk the rest of her body in. She can fight off whatever the water gives her, right? Green eyes stare down at the rolling water, washing in over and over. Slowly, she takes another step deeper. The caps of the waves crash against her chest and the underside of her belly. The chill sets in chest as fast. Her tail sweeps up and avoids the water and her head remains high to keep most of her still dry. One hard crash, however, sends her back and she shakes, retreating quickly.

She does not notice the encroaching figure until it’s too late, either. Furi shakes out her fur several times, catching the figure from the corner of her eyes. Features are already distinguishable and it’s a matter of seconds before she’s close enough to speak.

Hello?   

Furi shiver a little but the burn of her skin has begun to ease. Ah, relief. “Hello,” she repeats, ears falling back against her head. She glances behind her shoulders to see the rise of cliffs in the distance, assuring herself she isn’t that far from home. “Who are you?”

i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
RE: we will be the main ingredient in a chowder of pain - by Mallaidh - November 01, 2017, 07:13 PM