Redhawk Caldera All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin had been in a deep sleep when the calls for her presence had rang out at the borders. She'd decided to send everyone away for the morning and take on the wildlings on her own for a little hunting lesson. It had seemed like a good idea until about 3.5 seconds in. By the end of it, she was pretty sure that none of them were any better hunters, but their resting heart rates were down 10% so that was something. She'd hung in there for a few hours, but in the end had called @Orca and @Lagan back in to take over for her so she could get some very much needed recovery time on her own.

Around the time that Colt and Towhee had begun searching for her, Finley had been standing and stretching and yawning and shaking herself awake. By the time they were near enough to call out to her, she was in the middle of attempting to lap up all of the water in the creek while still half asleep. Her ears twitched at the sound of her name on a familiar voice, but it struck so naturally upon her that she only rolled her eyes and continued to drink. It wasn't until the voice continued that her sleepy brain slowly tapped upon itself to gently point out the fact that, though hearing this particular voice was something she was almost overly accustomed to in the past, she had not heard since in quite some time, so she should probably freak the fuck out right about now.

And shit. You know, it did have a point. No one called her Frog anymore.

Finley blinked, freezing mid-drink with her tongue stuck out of her open mouth. Her eyes shot back past her shoulder as she slowly shut her mouth and turned her head. The voice was coming somewhere beyond a ridge at her back, and the sound of pawsteps told her that it was coming closer. For one, wild moment, she considered running for it. And I mean running for it. Like, bye-kids-and-mate-and-pack-and-all-the-things-that-meant-everything-to-her level running for it.Some, inexplicable, unnameable emotion kept her standing still though. Long enough for her to trick herself into thinking she was imagining things, straighten, and call out.

"I'm imagining this, right?" she said, still a little hoping she was talking to no one and adding in a softer voice, "Please tell me I've completely lost my mind right now."

Messages In This Thread
All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams - by Colt RIP - November 06, 2017, 09:41 AM
RE: All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams - by Finley - November 13, 2017, 06:13 PM