Redhawk Caldera All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin may have backed him into a corner, giving him no option but to respond with sarcasm and jokes, but still she gave Colt an unimpressed look as he responded. His stalling did, however, give her time to consider further what he'd said before this transgression. Though her suspicion didn't soften, the cold, bewildered emotion running rampant inside of her did. No, it didn't make any sense for Colt to suddenly be here, out of the blue, apologizing for what had happened. But as Fin considered it further, that wasn't necessarily because she didn't think her brother capable.

"I just.. I'm not sure why you'd be sorry," Fin breathed after a long, probably awkward, moment of silence. On some level, she had accepted that what Hawkin had done was not her fault. To say that she'd forgiven herself was a bit of a stretch, but she had accepted that there'd been nothing that she could have done to prevent it. But all of that being what it was, Finley had never stopped feeling guilty for being the reason Colt had lost such a close friend. The two consequences were somehow disconnected in her conscience, and while she could accept the one, she never really had the other. Maybe she was just super fucked up in the head. Or maybe it had always just been somehow more okay to hurt herself than it was to hurt her favorite brother.

Messages In This Thread
All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams - by Colt RIP - November 06, 2017, 09:41 AM
RE: All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams - by Finley - December 04, 2017, 09:41 PM