Redhawk Caldera you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
"I'm sorry," Wildfire whispered automatically, cringing at the sight of her germ-ridden goop clinging to her mate's dark coat. Thuringwethil didn't seem to mind much; she did not withdraw, nor complain. Wildfire felt her mate's flanks expand as she drew in a deep breath, curled around the smaller she-wolf like a great black scarf.

If anything should have jump started Wildfire's emotions, it was that dreaded question. But she still felt largely blank. She paused for a long beat, then replied in a strangely expressionless voice, "A wolf called Cicero from Blackfeather Woods kidnapped me. He and the others in the pack kept me prisoner in a cave, where they poisoned and tortured me. Then one day, Cicero simply let me go." She punctuated the brief summary with yet another sneeze, though this time she managed to turn her head at the crucial moment to avoid spraying the commander again.

Facing her mate once more, Wildfire said slowly, "I thought I was getting better. Physically, I am—aside from this cold..." She took a labored breath, then said, "But you coming here, it makes me think I'm more broken than I realized. I just feel so..." A long silence stretched between them as she searched for the right word. "Detached." She sniffled. "Like you're—like I'm—still a million miles away."
Messages In This Thread
you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Antumbra - November 12, 2017, 04:30 PM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Wildfire - November 12, 2017, 09:44 PM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - November 13, 2017, 03:34 AM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - November 14, 2017, 04:54 AM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - November 15, 2017, 02:53 AM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - November 19, 2017, 08:23 AM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - November 26, 2017, 07:04 AM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - December 12, 2017, 06:25 AM